ronald

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
I have a Sony 23" LCD Wega Flat screen TV (KLV-23M1). There are S-Video and HDMI connectors on the TV. I would like to use it as a monitor for my Dell Dimension 4400. I need a new video card to get it right. Now have NVIDIA GeForce2 MX card (AGP 4X slot). I am not a gamer, but want to do some CADD work on the screen. Any recommendations on a card that will work and not cost alot?

Budget? Any gaming to be done?

I'm no expert on getting PC onto a TV, but you might be able to find a cable that will switch the output from the GF2 into something the TV can take. That or there are plenty of TV tuner cards that will get the job done on the cheap.

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Depending on the complexity of the CADD models of course...I'd go with a 6800GT ($250-300), 6800, or 6600GT ($150). You can get a DVI to HDMI adapter...in fact you'll need one to display reasonable resolution, as that's something S-Video can't do.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127192" target="_new">MSI 6600 for100 bucks </A>

This has a DVI out and with a DVI->HDMI adapter cord you can get perfect HD res to a TV.

Be warned...i work for BB in the Home Theater Dept and people forget that companies are bastards about cables. The DVI->HDMI adapter is 99 bucks. (we get things for cost+5% so i could get it for like 15 bucks...lol)

So 100bucks for the card, 100bucks for the cord and you are golden.

EDIT.....the $100 cable is a Monster cable which is a high quality cable. You can find cheaper ones for like 50bucks. I would go with Monster (lifetime Guarantee, super quality) but its your money, you chose what you want.
Chaintech VNF3-250/A64 2800+/1GB(512x2) OCZ VX GOLD 2-2-2-5/BFG 6800GT/Thermaltake 420W/WD 200GB/Maxtor 300GB/Soon to include Z-5500...any ideas on which SC??<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by pickxx on 11/01/05 08:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS