[SOLVED] Sound Card for Sennheiser Game Zero Headset?

Jul 6, 2020
Hello,

I got a new Sennheiser headset and of course, the sound seems off compared to my USB headset.

From looking around, it seems I’ll need a sound card of some sort that would get me a better mic and soundPlease correct me if I’m wrong.

Now, I’m looking into the SoundBlaster Z card as it is constantly showing up on my search results.

Would anyone recommend something similar? Or is that the best bet for the price point?

Solution
Right. I did plug them into my phone and they work well. The mic quality sounds better through the phone as well. My old usb headset was a Razer Chroma which sounds clearer overall. I can guess my mobo’s built in sound is lacking. I don’t want this headset to sound like the Chroma’s, but it is sounding rather flat right now.

It's more likely the difference in headphones rather than the sound card, or course you can always play around with EQ on the computer also, from our side there is no way to know what processing of audio your USB headset was doing or what settings you had configured for it or if what you are hearing is normal for the Sennheisers without someone else listening to them. If you don't mind spending the money...
The sound will be different, unless you have a cheap very low quality motherboard spending money on a sound card may not make the new headset sound how you like. Those headphones are easy enough to drive even off a phone, you just may not like how the sound if you are used to some single "gaming" headset without having tried at least several other headphones/headsets to compare to.

For a good sound card that Sound Blaster is good if you don't mind the price. Really it's a guess if you will like it better, need to try it to see if you can tell any difference.

Reactions: Jam432
Jul 6, 2020
The sound will be different, unless you have a cheap very low quality motherboard spending money on a sound card may not make the new headset sound how you like. Those headphones are easy enough to drive even off a phone, you just may not like how the sound if you are used to some single "gaming" headset without having tried at least several other headphones/headsets to compare to.

For a good sound card that Sound Blaster is good if you don't mind the price. Really it's a guess if you will like it better, need to try it to see if you can tell any difference.

Right. I did plug them into my phone and they work well. The mic quality sounds better through the phone as well. My old usb headset was a Razer Chroma which sounds clearer overall. I can guess my mobo’s built in sound is lacking. I don’t want this headset to sound like the Chroma’s, but it is sounding rather flat right now.

It's more likely the difference in headphones rather than the sound card, or course you can always play around with EQ on the computer also, from our side there is no way to know what processing of audio your USB headset was doing or what settings you had configured for it or if what you are hearing is normal for the Sennheisers without someone else listening to them. If you don't mind spending the money to try things, sure try the add-on sound card, but like I said before most newer motherboards are more than good enough to play good audio and run many headphones.

Reactions: Jam432
Solution

TRENDING THREADS