[SOLVED] Source mask doesn't match source IP address

maestrof0707

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
Hello I was trying to set up QOS on my router but i keep getting a message that says Source mask doesn't match source IP address although i think i did all the steps right and i fixed my device IP address to 192.168.1.16 here is a picture of my settings and a picture of the error message I would really appreciate your help guys thank you in advance.

j1FqJcK.png

w7xdyg4.png

Solution
This is one of those read the manual for the router it likely has examples. Every router is different when it comes to QoS configuration.

The router is very basic but you might get it to work ok for upload restriction. If not you need to consider buying a better router.
Not sure what the message really means. QoS on every router is different.

In general you can not limit traffic within your LAN on traffic going to the wan/internet. You have both ip addresses in your lan network and which is the same subnet which maybe what it complains about ?

QoS especially like this is pretty much a waste of time. Most can only limit upload traffic and what does the priority level really mean. This form of QoS might as well not be on a router. If you really need QoS you need one that will allow you to set fixed data rates for the traffic both up and down and even that
does not work real well.

maestrof0707

Commendable
Nov 12, 2020
Not sure what the message really means. QoS on every router is different.

In general you can not limit traffic within your LAN on traffic going to the wan/internet. You have both ip addresses in your lan network and which is the same subnet which maybe what it complains about ?

QoS especially like this is pretty much a waste of time. Most can only limit upload traffic and what does the priority level really mean. This form of QoS might as well not be on a router. If you really need QoS you need one that will allow you to set fixed data rates for the traffic both up and down and even that
does not work real well.

I want to activate it because I noticed that the people that I'm sharing internet with upload a lot of stuff and that directly impacts my ping since the upload speed in my country is so little, do you have like any advice I can follow thank you so much

This is one of those read the manual for the router it likely has examples. Every router is different when it comes to QoS configuration.

The router is very basic but you might get it to work ok for upload restriction. If not you need to consider buying a better router.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS