SP2 Installation Failure

Am running XP HE with Norton Systemworks 2004 and Zone alarm Pro. Have
been unable to install SP2 from the "..XP-KB835935-SP2-Enu" download.
The installation runs up to the portion where a restore point is
created. It then stops with an error message saying the "..Failed to
install catalog files"

Have disabled and later removed Zone Alarm without any installation
success.

TIA for any insight and advice.

Have you don't major cleaning before trying to install.

Spyware Removal (free)
www.spysweeper.com

Ad-Aware SE (free) (Download, Update & Run)

Download and Run a free virus scanner to double check your current one.
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm

There has been known issues with Norton & SP2, you might try to download &
save to a folder then disconnect from the internet and disable your virus
protection then install from the folder.

--
Good Day
Haus

"Haus" <youknow@Iwillslapyou> wrote in message news:<10il6ch3qe9g87d@corp.supernews.com>...
> Have you don't major cleaning before trying to install.
>
> Spyware Removal (free)
> www.spysweeper.com
>
> Ad-Aware SE (free) (Download, Update & Run)
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
> Download and Run a free virus scanner to double check your current one.
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Scanners.htm
>
> There has been known issues with Norton & SP2, you might try to download &
> save to a folder then disconnect from the internet and disable your virus
> protection then install from the folder.
>
> --
> Good Day
> Haus

Thanks for the response. I use Spybot but also used Spyware Removal.
Same error message with Norton and Zone Alarm uninstalled. Will wait
until the smoke clears.

> "Sheldon Roger" <s_roger@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Am running XP HE with Norton Systemworks 2004 and Zone alarm Pro. Have
> > been unable to install SP2 from the "..XP-KB835935-SP2-Enu" download.
> > The installation runs up to the portion where a restore point is
> > created. It then stops with an error message saying the "..Failed to
> > install catalog files"
> >
> > Have disabled and later removed Zone Alarm without any installation
> > success.
> >
> > TIA for any insight and advice.

I have the same problem and also using Norton AV, ZA Pro and Spybot. I too
have tried without ZA and AV but no luck. Did you have the beta installed?
I was able to load the beta with no problems but did not unistall before
trying to install the final release. Thought that may be the problem. I
have since uninstalled SP2 and tried a repair of winXP but again no luck.

Peter