I use Norton Internet Security 2005, when i start my computer then check
the security center firewal has this message: At least one of the firewalls
installed on this computer is currently ON.
A firewall help protect your system against virus or malicous software.
Note: Two or more Firewalls running at the same time can conflict with each
other for more informatio

but 15-20 second the message disappear and replace with:

Norton Internet Security is currently ON. A firewall helps protect your
computer against and other security threat.

why is security center saying during startup that two or more firewall is
running at
the same time can conflict with each other, when i only have one firewall on
thats
Norton Internet Security 2005 and the window firewall is off? Is this normal?

> why is security center saying during startup that two or more firewall is
> running at
> the same time can conflict with each other, when i only have one firewall
> on
> thats
> Norton Internet Security 2005 and the window firewall is off? Is this
> normal?

That happened to me when I briefly using ZoneAlarm. I suppose it
takes slightly longer for 3rd party firewalls to load completely, whereas
the Windows Firewall loads exactly at startup. Or perhaps it takes Security
Center longer to recognize 3rd party firewalls.

Ask Symantec Support why it takes so long for NIS to fully load:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/index.html
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security