Question Speed limit at my 2nd SSD and HDD

May 23, 2020
Hello!

My PC setup:

• Motherboard: Asus Prime B350M-A
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
  • SSD1 (with OS): Crucial MX300 M.2 275GB (CT275MX300SSD4)
  • SSD2 (SATA connected): Kingston A400 480GB (SA400S37/480G)
  • HDD (SATA connected): Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX-08WN4A0)

Sometimes after boot, the SSD2 and HDD have speed limit at ~18MS/s.
If I shut down my PC and then open it, it get fixed most of the times.
If I restart my PC, the problem is still there. Also, if I restart my PC when the SSD2 and HDD work at high speed (the speed they should be working), they don't slow down.
Before I buy the SSD2, the problem was there with HDD (I had windows 10 Home then). I formatted my PC to see if the problem will get fixed and also installed SSD2. For about 5 days everything was working normal (at high speed). Then, I get back to my routine trick for opening at high speeds my PC.
Also, I tried to switch the SATA cables but nothing happened.
The SDD1 is working at high speed all the time.
Before, I install the SSD2, I thought was HDD problem because of power saving. I checked AI suite 3, if it get my PC in power saving mode but I didn't find anything.

Has anyone any idea about the reason of this problem?

Beyond all that, I have to point out one more problem that might be connected.
I have this setup 3 years, built by a local technical for first time. Back in the first year, sleep mode was working very well until one day (I don't remember if I changed something on Windows, but for sure I didn't access BIOS) the PC wasn't waking up. I had used sleep and hibernate modes many times. Even today, after format, the PC can't wake up from sleep or hibernate. I tried some ways to fix it (from internet), but no solution.

I can't figure out if it is hardware problem or software.
I suspect is something about the power and both problems are connected in some way.

And one last thing. Windows 10 shut down is different from previous windows and it reminds hybernate. What I mean, is sometimes if you shut down the PC with chrome opened, after boot it open with your tabs.
Back to the first problem, after boot with SSD2 and HDD working at high speed chrome is not opening most of the times, but I have shut down PC with chrome opened.

Ηope I gived all necessary information. I am waiting for your solutions!

Thank you!

May 23, 2020
Hello!

My PC setup:

-Motherboard: Asus Prime B350M-A
-CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
-SSD1 (with OS): Crucial MX300 M.2 275GB (CT275MX300SSD4)
-SSD2 (SATA connected): Kingston A400 480GB (SA400S37/480G)
-HDD (SATA connected): Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX-08WN4A0)

Sometimes after boot, the SSD2 and HDD have speed limit at ~18MS/s.
If I shut down my PC and then turn on it, it get fixed most of the times.
If I restart my PC, the problem is still there. Also, if I restart my PC when the SSD2 and HDD work at high speed (the speed they should be working), they don't slow down.
Before I buy the SSD2, the problem was there with HDD (I had windows 10 Home then). I formatted my PC to see if the problem will get fixed and also installed SSD2. For about 5 days everything was working normal (at high speed). Then, I get back to my routine trick for use at high speeds my PC.
Also, I tried to switch the SATA cables but nothing happened.
The SDD1 is working at high speed all the time.
Before, I install the SSD2, I thought was HDD problem because of power saving. I checked AI suite 3, if it get my PC in power saving mode but I didn't find anything.

Has anyone any idea about the reason of this problem?

Beyond all that, I have to point out one more problem that might be connected.
I have this setup 3 years, built by a local technical for first time. Back in the first year, sleep mode was working very well until one day (I don't remember if I changed something on Windows, but for sure I didn't access BIOS) the PC wasn't waking up. I had used sleep and hibernate modes many times. Even today, after format, the PC can't wake up from sleep or hibernate. I tried some ways to fix it (from internet), but no solution.

I can't figure out if it is hardware problem or software.
I suspect is something about the power and both problems are connected in some way.

And one last thing. Windows 10 shut down is different from previous windows and it reminds hybernate. What I mean, is sometimes if you shut down the PC with chrome (or Spotify) opened, after boot it open with your tabs.
Back to the first problem, after boot with SSD2 and HDD working at high speed chrome is not opening most of the times, but I have shut down PC with chrome opened.

Ηope I gived all necessary information. I am waiting for your solutions!

Thank you!

May 23, 2020

TRENDING THREADS