Spilled orange soda on laptop cheapest repair?

Apr 14, 2019
I have a problem my 2 year old sister spilled orange flavoured water over my laptop. I found it like 5 minutes after the incident and then I let it dry out in the tent position for 1 and a half of day. After that I tried to turn it on just on battery after that I tried to turn it while adapter is in.It still didnt worked. so i disassembled it and i found out it was oxidised I slightly cleaned the oxidation tried to turn it on still no function.Is there any cheaper options than buying a new one control board. I was thinking about soldering new parts but I will need a soldering station and some more things that will cost about 100€ and thats not that cheap for me
Laptop Sony VAIO ESV1511X1ESI

Since you were able to disassemble the laptop, clean everything as good as you are able with isopropyl alcohol.
If it does not come back to life then you will need to replace the main board.

If the drink had sugar or any chemicals, it will destroy soldering points, chips, and the circuitry that interconnects the motherboard components.
Nest time, make sure the device is dried before powering on.

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Unless you are skilled in logic board repair, multimeter reading and soldering in particular, it would be best to take it to a local repair shop to determine if it is a simple fix or not worth fixing. I would first get Q-tips with isopropyl alcohol and clean the board as much as possible without damaging anything.

Who knows what it got under, a drop could have found its way anywhere. And if you tried turning it on with liquid on the board then who knows what all got shorted.