hardys77

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014
Water fell inside running PC over the GPU & motherboard, after letting it dry for 3 days, tried to turn it on and the only things working(?) are the PSU (rgb & fan) CPU fan and GPU fan, no beeps, no screen, no feedback. Is the CPU dead? Is the MB dead? Tried turning it on without RAM same result. I'm asking this because I want to know what I should replace, everything? only the CPU? Tried turning it on with the hdmi cable connected both to gpu & cpu video and same result. Is the GPU dead since the fan are spinning?

Last edited:
Solution
D
Sadly water is conductive. Unless it's distilled which I doubt that is what was spilled. Water it known to kill the components that it touches.
D

Deleted member 362816

Sadly water is conductive. Unless it's distilled which I doubt that is what was spilled. Water it known to kill the components that it touches.

Solution

hardys77

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014

It's alright since it's literally only my fault for this but do you think everything fried? There was a few drops of water on RAM,HDD. Just want to know what I should order, basically everything or just mb,gpu and cpu? Thanks

D

Deleted member 362816

It's alright since it's literally only my fault for this but do you think everything fried? There was a few drops of water on RAM,HDD. Just want to know what I should order, basically everything or just mb,gpu and cpu? Thanks

You would have to test each part to see what is bad. Easier said then done if you don't have a spart system.