Nov 7, 2021
Apologies if the title isnt very descriptive, unfortunately my issue doesnt really give me much to work with.

My pc (owned for about a year now) has been having sporadic and frightening slow downs, the mouse becomes unresponsive, slow and choppy, the audio starts to crackle, and within a second or two its back to normal.

Its not a huge issue as ive never had it affect any tasks, only seems to appear when im navigating videos/ on discord or at worst when im using an IDE, but it gives me a shock and id like to have it fixed.

What makes this issue so tricky to diagnose is that it only ever happens once a day, and usually (at most) once every three days.

My specifications are:

RTX 3060 TI
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450M
TEAMGROUP 16gb DDR4
Corsair TX-M Series 650 Watt
WD Purple 2TB HDD
WD BLUE 500GB SSD -- windows 11 is installed here, issue has been appearing since windows 10 though. It could have slightly improved since the upgrade but i cannot be 100% sure.
Thermaltake H18

Cheers.

Reactions: Pacu
In my experience I've had a failing hard drive and SSD in my system and it would cause all kinds weird stuff to happen. Try unplugging your HDD and see if that makes a difference. You can try a new SSD if the HDD wasn't the issue.

Also, what are your temps?

Jul 13, 2021
I have the exact same issue! Been going on since Windows 10s latest update, not even Clean install fixed the issue. It's been driving me nuts too. I recently bought a new SSD (In August), so I doubt that it could be that, as for the HDD, HDS is saying that it's health is at 100%, and I don't see any abnormalities.
I just book it as a Windows bug, and hoping that they will fix it somehow, as really annoying to say the least.

If you found any fix, I would greatly appreciate it 🙏.

Reactions: Monological
Nov 7, 2021
In my experience I've had a failing hard drive and SSD in my system and it would cause all kinds weird stuff to happen. Try unplugging your HDD and see if that makes a difference. You can try a new SSD if the HDD wasn't the issue.

RTX 3060 TI 36~ idle
r5 3600 idles at about 45 - 57c..... not sure how bad this is but i did some googling and found other people have been having similar issues. Hope for someone to get back to me!

Nov 7, 2021

Apologies for the late response, ive finally gotten around to unplugging the HDD and ill keep you posted on results.

Nov 7, 2021
Also, the issue is now even rarer than before, used to trigger approx once a day and now it feels like once a week. Its really bizarre, and there arent any metrics i can think of that are decreasing/ increasing its likelihood of occurring.

Jul 13, 2021
Also, the issue is now even rarer than before, used to trigger approx once a day and now it feels like once a week. Its really bizarre, and there arent any metrics i can think of that are decreasing/ increasing its likelihood of occurring.
It won't fix it, sorry for not updating, but the issue is fTPM being enabled in BIOS. Disable that and the issue will be gone.

TRENDING THREADS