friedmomof4

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
how do you download video games (like spore) to windows 7 from the disk? Please help. I put the disk in, but nothing comes up!!!!
JFried44

go to the computer icon and open it... you should see all your drives listed.
right click on your dvd drive and select open in new window. next either right click on the autorun.exe, setup.exe or what ever the game installer is called and select run as administrator... your game should then start the install process.

DM186

Splendid
^+1
I agree that is one way to do it or you can click on start then on the right side click on computer then like HEXiT said then righ click on dvd drive.

The only difference is if you don't have the computer icon on the desktop then you can get to it this way. The reason I bring this up is because I don't have a short cut on my desktop.

its 7. but i can swap it straight over to xp if i want... without much effort... i dunno why its gone full page as its supposed to be a thumbnail...
rite thas it... its a clickable thumb now ;) its made with 3dsmax for the background. vista style builder for the task bar and start bar. hyperdesk icon set...

DM186

Splendid

Way cool. One day I will make my second HD XP since I don't even use it. It's hook up in side. So far this HD has been enough.

I have a hot swap built in this case so I can take a loose HD and plug right in with out hooking up any cables.

Problem is with that the old IDE's won't work. It has to be the new SATA's. I think I have jacked this thread to much. I do have to say you know your Ps and Qs.

I started gaming with Atari in the 70's and next Nintendo then Commadore 64. Then all the gameing consoles then onto the 486 to present. And when I wasn't doing that I was in to D&D the original books from TSR by Gary G.

Now I have played for over 30 years and still have my first character the one I used the 20 sided and 10 sided dice to create him thus my handle DM. Well I am glad you are on here and the help you offer. Take care and I will see you around.