Sprint Won't Sell iPhone 4 to Consumer Because of Fat Fingers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
How in the world is a random post newsworthy?

If you really want some internet trolling to write an article about I could find some better ones that that.

G

oddly, if it was sprint proper, ie: a corporate store, you get paid the same no matter which phone they buy.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
I don't think that salesman did his job.He could've just told him that the GSIII was a much better phone and left it to the customer to decide

How I see it, if a customer wants a phone, give it to him. The customer is ALWAYS right

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]The salesman got one thing right. The iPhone "really a piece of shit".[/citation]

That's totally beside the point. because this phone is not for the salesman, it's ultimately the customer's decision. The salesman could have just said:

"Well sir, I've been selling phones for the past xx years. Based on my experience and the feedback I received from numerous customers, the GSIII would suit your needs much better than the iPhone 4".

But there's a very good chance that anyone who got the iPhone as their first smartphone will want to continue with Apple

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]I have a note 2. I run full brightness, with everything else on. I use my phone a lot since it replaced my laptop,3g stick, and blackberry. I have never run out of battery. Funny article. I too was sold to a Samsung while replacing my wife's broken iphone 4. They salesperson didn't have to call down the iphone. They simple showed me the Galaxy s2...... easy sell, you don't even have to touch it. Just look at it. The screen alone is worth the switch.[/citation]

That salesman should be promoted

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]i honestly think the salesman had valid points. I know quite a few fat people who have told me a 3.5 inch screen is too small. Id say I have medium hands and i find it outrageously hard to use the tiny screen. if he dropped the phone its very possible hewould break it, the battery life has always been known to be "meh", and it is really tiny for someone used to a bigger screen. would the guy have been just as offended if the salesguy had said, "you have big fingers"? some fat people take too much offense when someone acknowledges that theyre fat...[/citation]
Whether the salesperson's "points" were valid or not makes no difference. What matters is that the customer stated he wanted the iPhone4. This is just typical Sprint piss-poor customer dis-service.....

6pacman

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
it very simple reason because sale person getting more bonus$ to sell samsung than to sell iphone because of heavy subside to sprints

Status
Not open for further replies.