Sprint Won't Sell iPhone 4 to Consumer Because of Fat Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I can see an employee trying to talk him into getting a better phone up to certain point, but that line was crossed once he kept talking after the customer told him he'd already done his research. Of course, this is just one Sprint store, my brother switched to Sprint recently and said it's the best carrier he's ever had.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Lets try to bring this back into context... exactly how fat are his fingers!? :p
Just saying.. maybe his fingers were too fat to hit only one square icon with rounded corners at a time..

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
My company openly discriminates against people with fat fingers. They are not protected by the law. Zak would never make it in my line of business...

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
The problem is with sales people interjecting their own thoughts about platforms. These bias salespeople lose both face and the sale. Should this salesperson be fired? No, natural selection should be allowed to take place here... this salesperson will eventually be pushed out from lack of sales or just too many complaints..

In terms of the other side, just how big was this person? Sprint just like any other carrier cannot resell the phone as a new phone if the person decided he did not like it after a couple of days (ie, my finger are too big....)....

G

Ignoring the fact that I'm reading this on Toms, what a hilarious article.

Complainers: don't click it. The headline was entirely self-explanatory.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i honestly think the salesman had valid points. I know quite a few fat people who have told me a 3.5 inch screen is too small. Id say I have medium hands and i find it outrageously hard to use the tiny screen. if he dropped the phone its very possible hewould break it, the battery life has always been known to be "meh", and it is really tiny for someone used to a bigger screen.

would the guy have been just as offended if the salesguy had said, "you have big fingers"? some fat people take too much offense when someone acknowledges that theyre fat...

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]Amazing, we need more reps like him. I do the same thing at wal-mart.[/citation]

If a person wants an iphone, let them have an iphone. Simply because you're a fanboy of some other brand doesn't mean you should push your stupidity onto others thinking its the "right choice" because you chose it.

Christ, this is worse then religion. Grow up.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
when i wanna buy something i buy it with or without a smart ass salesperson and if he actively refuses it i can just go complain about the firm discriminating :D

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
People complain when a salesman tries to swindle you or tries to sell you junk, but when a salesman tries to get you a better and a better product, they still complain. Wtf? iSheep have no logic

Status
Not open for further replies.