I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I need
to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software programs
to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?

Diane M

map

Diane McGill wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I
> need to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software
> programs to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?
>
> Diane M

There is no need to buy any however donations are most welcome.
Here is a listing for some of the better (free) ones,use more than one.

Start off downloading the LSP fix and save it,next use
Spybot S&D
Ad-AwareSE
Spywareblaster
CWShredder
Update all of these before the first use.And Delete your temp. internet file
and cookies first.

Sometimes,when you remove malware it will stop your TCP/IP
stack from working (Internet connection).
Winsock or LSP-fix will correct the problem,Download first.
Note to anyone using NOD32 Anti-Virus software,Do Not delete the
"imon.dll" this fix reports,This is your internet /e-mail scanning engine.

YES-You need more than 1 malware program,the one's below are all free
and work well.
LSP-fix- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
CWS Smart Killer- http://www.safer-networking.org/minifiles.html
About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
Ad-Aware SE - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
MS Antispyware:
CWShredder - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
Hijack this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html\
Hijackthis tutorial -
http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=165
SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
WinPatrol - http://winpatrol.com
BHO Demon - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3550.html
asquared2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
Socklock- http://nsclean.com/socklock.html
A nice site -
http://groups.msn.com/TeMercInternetSecuritySite/malwarecountermeasures.msnw
NOD32Anti-Virus Free 30 day trial
http://nod32.com/download/trial.htm
Process Guard-
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=download
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html

A listing of BHO's
http://www.spywaredata.com/bho.php?current_page=0

Good Luck!

This link is some bad news for spyware removal tools.

Mike Pawlak

map

Diane McGill wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I
> need to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software
> programs to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?
>
> Diane M

I noticed that my link for CWShredder went to an older version here is a
link for the newer one.

Mike Pawlak

Diane McGill wrote:
> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I need
> to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software programs
> to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?
>
> Diane M

To deal with issues caused by any sort of "adware" and/or
"spyware,"such as Gator, Comet Cursors, Smiley Central, Xupiter, Bonzai
Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately (but
without understanding the consequences) installed, two products that
are quite effective (at finding and removing this type of scumware) are
Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search & Destroy from
www.safer-networking.org/. Both have free versions. It's even possible
to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your system against most
future intrusions. I use both and generally perform manual scans every
week or so to clean out cookies, etc.

Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
varieties of scumware are available here:

PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

More information and assistance is available at these sites:

Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

The Parasite Fight
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Diane McGill <dianem37@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I need
>to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software programs
>to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?
>
>Diane M

In addition to the items by "MAP" you could also try the free (beta
version) of Microsoft Antispyware: http://download.microsoft.com

It was developed from Giant Antispyware which was a top-rated program,
and the Microsoft version is also receiving excellent reviews. Not
perfect, but very good.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

erci

Distinguished
May 25, 2005

Diane McGill wrote:

> I don't know if this is the correct newsgroup for this question. I
> need to remove spyware from my computer. There are so many software
> programs to buy, but which one does the best job for the money?
>
> Diane M

Giant anti spyware now bought by MS.

Also Adaware at wwww.lavasoft.com (free ) does a good job and is in
fact the benchmark by which others are judged.

TRENDING THREADS