Just recently my screen resolution "set" itself to 640 by 480 pixels.
Too large of a display! I set it to 800 by 600. It works for the
session. Everytime I turn off and then restart the PC (winXpHome,SP2),
it reverts back to 640 by 480. Associated troubleshooting and replacing
the Intel(R) Graphic Media Accelorator Drive did not resolve the
problem. What else can be done? Anybody any ideas?
Thanks! Bernie

--
reinhardt40

Malke

reinhardt40 wrote:

> Just recently my screen resolution "set" itself to 640 by 480 pixels.
> Too large of a display! I set it to 800 by 600. It works for the
> session. Everytime I turn off and then restart the PC (winXpHome,SP2),
> it reverts back to 640 by 480. Associated troubleshooting and
> replacing the Intel(R) Graphic Media Accelorator Drive did not resolve
> the problem. What else can be done? Anybody any ideas?
> Thanks! Bernie

1. Update the drivers. Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them
from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

If you have installed drivers from Windows Update, you can roll them
back:
How to Roll Back a Device Driver - http://tinyurl.com/86yb6

If this doesn't fix the problem, put in an inexpensive video card. Check
to make sure the computer has an AGP slot; if not then you need to buy
a PCI video card. You can buy either type for as little $20USD for a
very basic video card.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

I too have had this problem with the screen resolution. I have updated
drivers, disabled on board graphics, installed a new PCI graphics board (ATI)
and every other permutation I can think of, all to no avail !!!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

NBJ