[SOLVED] SSD crashed in 4 months. Got replacement unit it crashed in 4 months too

Feb 19, 2021
I bought Gigabyte M.2 NVME SSD 240gb, used it along with my hdd(1gb) for my MSI GV62 7RD laptop.
4/5 months of usage later, my SSD failed. It crashed and wasn't even showing up on BIOS.
I claimed warrenty and started using replacement unit. Again 4/5 months later it failed. Not showing up on bios either.
What is happening here? Is it just random coincidence or maybe something I might be doing wrong ?

Solution
could be an issue with the laptop's motherboard.
maybe providing an inconsistent power load or even a bad M.2 slot that has slightly damaged pins.

or it could just be that gigabyte is using cheap\crappy drives and rebranding them.
research the model number and see if there are many others experiencing similar issues with them.
I bought Gigabyte M.2 NVME SSD 240gb, used it along with my hdd(1gb) for my MSI GV62 7RD laptop.
4/5 months of usage later, my SSD failed. It crashed and wasn't even showing up on BIOS.
I claimed warrenty and started using replacement unit. Again 4/5 months later it failed. Not showing up on bios either.
What is happening here? Is it just random coincidence or maybe something I might be doing wrong ?
Sounds like faulty port almost. That or its just that coincidence. It maybe a fault in the drive design itself

could be an issue with the laptop's motherboard.
maybe providing an inconsistent power load or even a bad M.2 slot that has slightly damaged pins.

or it could just be that gigabyte is using cheap\crappy drives and rebranding them.
research the model number and see if there are many others experiencing similar issues with them.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution