[SOLVED] SSD disk checking at every boot ?

Mar 24, 2021
So i have an apacer 120 gb ssd, i built my pc around 2 months ago and everything went well. I didn't have any problems, until recently when i turn on my computer it keeps on checking my drive (scanning and repairing). I let it run and fix whatever problem there was, but when i shut down and turn on my pc again, it checks the drive again ?.

I don't think there's any problem with my ssd, because i checked the health on crystal disk info and it says 99%, and on disk management it says healthy. And i don't know if this is worth mentioning but when i scan the ssd on disk management it keeps saying that i have a problem and i have to restart my pc. I did that multiple times but it stays the same. If anyone can help i would highly appreciate it because i really like the fast boot speeds of ssd. Thanks

Solution
When windows is running, push the power button for 5 seconds or so. The pc will shutdown. Give it a few seconds then restart. That bypasses Windows shutdown procedures and forces bios to search out everything fresh, including drivers and hardware. Should bypass the drive check.

Goto Windows start and right-click. Choose Command Prompt (Administrator)

When you get to the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and let it do its thing.
After that's finished, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Those will fix any system file errors in Windows. Only other thing I can think of offhand is you've got something buggy in the registry and when using Windows shutdown it's saving an error/invalid setting to cmos...
D

Deleted member 14196

Reactions: Musa Ibrahim
Mar 24, 2021
write gibberish to the disk

on one of my build machines in the past, memory module was failing and my builds were binary gibberish

testing the ram will rule it out as the culprit at least

oh yeah, download and run the drive checker app the manufacturer of the SSD provides if necessary or CrytalDiskMark on it

SSDWidget 2.0 - Technology - Apacer for Industrial – Leader in industrial SSD and DRAM module

that should let you test and monitor your Apacer SSD
okay thanks alot dude you're a lot of help, i still haven't tested the memory yet but i'll keep updating on progress (if you wanna know hehe)

Mar 24, 2021
so i ran memtest86 and it passed with 0 errors. I know you can disable disk checking using cmd so maybe i'll just do that, cuz i don't really know what else could be the problem

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
When windows is running, push the power button for 5 seconds or so. The pc will shutdown. Give it a few seconds then restart. That bypasses Windows shutdown procedures and forces bios to search out everything fresh, including drivers and hardware. Should bypass the drive check.

Goto Windows start and right-click. Choose Command Prompt (Administrator)

When you get to the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and let it do its thing.
After that's finished, type dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Those will fix any system file errors in Windows. Only other thing I can think of offhand is you've got something buggy in the registry and when using Windows shutdown it's saving an error/invalid setting to cmos, which then argues with what boot should be and the disc is getting the blame and the fix, until you shutdown again. You could try ccleaner and registry tool (say yes to backup) to possibly fix that.

Solution