Question SSD for game storage/steam library

Jan 26, 2023
Hello, i'm looking for some SSD, which is at least 480GB to store some of my games and steam library. I don't care if it's SATA or M.2
I'm assuming that i don't need DRAM? Would something like Samsung 980 be fine, or i can possibly go for some cheap SATA with even higher capacity?

KyaraM

Admirable
If it's just games, you can grab any SSD imho. Write will be far less important than read. I recently grabed a Kingston NV2 for my games. Not a great drive by any measure, but good and fast enough for the games I don't play every day. Cost me 50 bucks for 1 TB. If you want something of better quality, a Crucial P3/P5 should be good, or a WD Blue SN570 maybe. That one seems to be a pretty decent PCIE 3.0 drive and should be plenty enough for your use. Comes in 2 TB as well iirc.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Jan 26, 2023
If it's just games, you can grab any SSD imho. Write will be far less important than read. I recently grabed a Kingston NV2 for my games. Not a great drive by any measure, but good and fast enough for the games I don't play every day. Cost me 50 bucks for 1 TB. If you want something of better quality, a Crucial P3/P5 should be good, or a WD Blue SN570 maybe. That one seems to be a pretty decent PCIE 3.0 drive and should be plenty enough for your use. Comes in 2 TB as well iirc.

that's what i thought, because i basically want to get much faster loads in some demanding titles, which take ages to load from HDD and my previous storage SSD died (WD Black SN850), so now i don't wanna bother getting anything expensive like that anyway...