SSD, motherboard, connector

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018
I just wanted to ask if this SSD:
(Samsung SSD 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB 3200/1500MB/s, V-nand) will fit my motherboard which is (Asus B85M-G) ?

Solution
The short answer is no. Your motherboard does not have the M.2 slot to accommodate that drive. You could mess around with adapters and such to make it work but a 2.5" SATA SSD would be almost as good for a lot less money and hassle.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
The short answer is no. Your motherboard does not have the M.2 slot to accommodate that drive. You could mess around with adapters and such to make it work but a 2.5" SATA SSD would be almost as good for a lot less money and hassle.

Solution

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018

By the way, how do I know if my power supply's connector will fit too?

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018

My pc was built in like 2014 , and power supply is called Logic 600, so I think I'll be fine

Thank you everyone for helping me.

MERGED QUESTION
Question from eitvydasz1 : "Cable for an SSD?"

You'll be fine. A SATA III SSD takes the same cable as a SATA III HDD. SATA SSDs and HDDs hookup to the motherboard in the exact same fashion.

eitvydasz1

Commendable
Mar 20, 2018

One more thing I'd like to ask , is there an easy way to transfer OS from HDD to SSD, or it requires some experience with that, I literally have never done something like this.

If the size of information on the HDD is less than the size of SSD, then you shouldn't have a problem. The Samsung SSD's come with migration software that makes it extremely easy.

I'd look up some youtube videos of how people are physically doing it so you can see how it's done before unpluging/plugging anything.