Question SSD not showing up in BIOS after Win 10 installation problem

Bigem_neo

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I started to build my streaming PC but got in trouble when installing Windows 10 from a USB flash drive.

The PC has two storage drives : An M.2 NVMe 500 Gb SSD that I put in the only M.2 slot of the MB, and a 2 Tb HDD.

After the initial boot, the SSD was showing up in the BIOS and I then chose it to install Windows 10, but got an error message during the installation. I then cancelled and restarted the installation, but I realized that the SSD had already Win 10 partitions on it. I deleted those partitions (in the drive selection window) and started the installation again. But when I got into the BIOS, the SSD was not showing up.

I tried to remove and replace the SSD in the M.2 slot, updated the BIOS, but nothing happened. The 2 Tb HDD is the only drive showing up in the drive selection window when installing Windows 10.

How can I make the SSD appear again as an available drive for installing the OS ? Thanks for your help.

By the way, he are my PC specs :
MB : MSI B450M Bazooka V2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 2600X
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
SSD : PNY XLR8 500 Gb
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LED 2x8Gb @ 3000Mhz CL 15
PSU : Corsair VS650W 80+
Case : Cooler Master Q300P

Reactions: ogretmen63ank

USAFRet

Titan
When installing the OS, you want only ONE drive connected. Here, the SSD.

Disconnect the HDD and redo the OS install on the SSD.

Bigem_neo

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
When installing the OS, you want only ONE drive connected. Here, the SSD.

Disconnect the HDD and redo the OS install on the SSD.

I tried this afterwards, but the SSD still won't show up in the BIOS and in the drive selection window when installing windows 10.