Question SSD showing in BIOS, but not in Disk Management or Device Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2022
Hello,

I just bought a new SSD with the intention of putting windows on it, and I have been having some troubles getting things to work

I have spent the whole day scouring the internet for what to do about this but I can't seem to get anything outside of the ordinary.

My issue is that the SSD, that is plugged into the motherboard via SATA cables, is showing in the BIOS menu, and another menu that shows something called "RAID Volumes", but it does not appear in:
Windows explorer (this pc)
Device manager
Disk manager

I've also found a few posts or videos that say that if this happens, to try uninstalling the ide ata/atapi controllers from the device manager, but I do not have anything like that when I look, so I cannot possibly uninstall it

The other strange thing is that I did manage to get the disk manager to detect the SSD one time, but only once. After two or three reboots, trying random things that I had hoped would make a difference, disk manager detected it automatically. I was able to then format it creating a partition or whatever and transferred my files to it that I wanted to keep after system restore, but now I cannot, for the life of me, get it to show up again.

View: https://imgur.com/a/3cuuXgn

Please help, I've read that the SSD is not faulty because it can be detected in bios but I have no idea what to do about this

Edit: I've also tried changing around which SATA cables were being used for both the HDD and the SSD, it may have been what got it to show up but I've done it multiple times again and it does not seem to do anything different

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.