[SOLVED] SSD Spikes to 100% Casuing full system crash/BSOD only whilst gaming

Ya Boyo Goyo

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
Whenever I'm playing a game, a few minutes after launching it will lock the game up, but if I click anything it will freeze whole system up or sometimes gives me a BSOD.
When the BSOD shows up it says unexpected_store_exception, which I have tried to seek out some fixes for but to no avail.

*Edit The games are located on the 4TB HDD rather than my SSD

When I have task manager open whilst it is happening it shows 100% usage on my boot SSD, with read and write speed at 0.1Mbs.

Things I have tried:
Reverted Bios Settings to default
Reformatting SSD and reinstalling windows
Running memtest64
Changing pagefile size
Installed samsung SSD magician to see current health
Updated Firmware on SSD
Updated Bios

System Specs
Intel I7 7700k
Asus Strix Z270F
2x8GB Corsair LPX
Gigabyte G1 GTX 980Ti
500GB Samsung 970 evo m.2 Nvme SSD
4TB Seagate Baracuda
1TB WD Blue

Solution
failures in reading from conventional drives can completely lock up an entire system quite quickly....

Perhaps the spinning drive itself is the one failing? Remove one of the games in question (if possible) and install to the SSD; then disconnect 4 TB drive and retest... Examine CrystalDiskInfo report on your 4 TB drive....
failures in reading from conventional drives can completely lock up an entire system quite quickly....

Perhaps the spinning drive itself is the one failing? Remove one of the games in question (if possible) and install to the SSD; then disconnect 4 TB drive and retest... Examine CrystalDiskInfo report on your 4 TB drive....

Solution

Ya Boyo Goyo

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019

I ran CrystalDiskMark here are the results: View: https://imgur.com/a/PAukWF2

I transfered one of the games on to my ssd, and disconected my 4TB drive, it has seemed to have solved the issue though.

Thank you for you help