Question SSD stops getting detected all of a sudden

archz2

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2016
I have an MSI laptop that I bought last year in May. The model is Cyborg 15 - A12VF. It came with an original SSD with 512GB capacity. I removed it and installed Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD of 1TB capacity within a week after its purchase. I am running Windows 11 on it.

Almost always I hibernate my laptop instead of shutting down. 4-5 days ago, when I powered on my laptop, it booted in BIOS . I tried to boot it normally by force power off and powering it again, but it kept booting in BIOS. It was also not detecting my SSD in BIOS.

I then removed the SSD, cleaned off dust and lint inside my laptop, then put the SSD back again, and then my laptop booted normally.
Today I faced the problem of my laptop booting in BIOS mode and no detection of SSD again. I was commuting at that time.

When I reached home after 1 hour, and started my laptop. It booted normally. What is happening? Is my SSD dying or is there some other issue?

I ran crystaldisk info and the health looks fine. When I took this screenshot, I had an external hard drive connected to my laptop. The D partition is from my SSD, and the E: label is for my external hard drive.

rNTJRrU.png

I have an MSI laptop that I bought last year in May. The model is Cyborg 15 - A12VF. It came with an original SSD with 512GB capacity. I removed it and installed Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD of 1TB capacity within a week after its purchase. I am running Windows 11 on it.

Almost always I hibernate my laptop instead of shutting down. 4-5 days ago, when I powered on my laptop, it booted in BIOS . I tried to boot it normally by force power off and powering it again, but it kept booting in BIOS. It was also not detecting my SSD in BIOS.

I then removed the SSD, cleaned off dust and lint inside my laptop, then put the SSD back again, and then my laptop booted normally.
Today I faced the problem of my laptop booting in BIOS mode and no detection of SSD again. I was commuting at that time.

When I reached home after 1 hour, and started my laptop. It booted normally. What is happening? Is my SSD dying or is there some other issue?

I ran crystaldisk info and the health looks fine. When I took this screenshot, I had an external hard drive connected to my laptop. The D partition is from my SSD, and the E: label is for my external hard drive.

rNTJRrU.png
Possible loose contacts in the M.2 port.