StarCraft II Special Edition to be Packed at $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
So does that mean Starcraft + Brood War work on Windows 7 Pro??

Sure, I play often SC and SC:BW on my Win7 Ultimate 64bits with no issue, except the fact that I need to open Display Settings if I don't want all purplish colors...

nonstoprobot

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]werxen[/nom]Or the torrent version costs $0. I'm not paying $50 extra for a games that are overpriced.[/citation]

The normal game is $60 not $50

ccstooge

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
[citation][nom]w1zz4[/nom]So does that mean Starcraft + Brood War work on Windows 7 Pro??Sure, I play often SC and SC:BW on my Win7 Ultimate 64bits with no issue, except the fact that I need to open Display Settings if I don't want all purplish colors...[/citation]

Wow, That is awesome. I may just install the original then! I had to install True Motion 2.0 separately to play FF7, didn't image SC would play on it too.

G

you folks that torrent games from the good developers are what is making drm a reality.

i will be buying the collectors edition

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
PC games go for $49 new so besides trying to milk PC gamers by releasing Starcraft II in three parts they now want to charge us kiddie console prices of $59. Not this guy. One day when I can pick up the whole game (all 3 parts) in one box then I will buy it. Until then Blizzard can kiss my arse.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nonstoprobot[/nom]The normal game is $60 not $50[/citation]
When is the last time you bought a PC game, they go for $49.95, aka $50 bucks.

kravmaga

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
The amazon pre-order actually was 49.99 with free shipping.
Furthermore, this one game that actually has enough content to be worth the full pricetag.
As far as the three episode gimmick, they're massive content packs with new single player story line and multiplayer overhaul as well, not just 2 new multiplayer maps.

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
Just checked pre-order price at amazon and it has gone up from $49.99 to $59.99. Guess I missed the boat on that one. Hopefully they release a demo of the game that I can get by on until the price drops. $60 is a no go point for me even for a game that I've been waiting for for so long.

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Wait... I thought Activision-Blizzard said they were not splitting the game up in 3 parts just to make more money. This seems that they are trying to make a lot more money...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
well, its not like a new starcraft game comes out every second week... I guess I'll go for the collectors edition.

[citation][nom]jkcajkca[/nom]am i reading this right? and if it really supports mac then OMG! I CANT WAIT!!!![/citation]

really? blizzard have released ALL their games on Mac... at the same time they release on PC... this is not new...

lueszu

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ccstooge[/nom]So does that mean Starcraft + Brood War work on Windows 7 Pro??[/citation]

yes! i play it on Home Premium 64 with no problem... except the color issue, but you have to open the display panel and thats it... you can also play Warcraft II & III, diablo II and Half life 1 and even Total Annihilation!!! cool huh?

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
im strange and i like to collect boxes, i so want this one (with the game of course) but i dont know if i want to spend that much more for it... ridiculous... its soo pretty though... conflict rising....

[citation][nom]werxen[/nom]Or the torrent version costs $0. I'm not paying $50 extra for a games that are overpriced.[/citation]
Then don't play it. If you can't pay for it, don't buy it. I'm all for the death of DRM,etc, but pirating does cause problems for the legit users. The ONLY reason to get a pirated game is to get rid of the DRM. Then again, you can use Steam, which is much less restrictive than the other DRM cr@p.

mediv42

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2008
They can call it a trilogy if they want, but they'll loose a lot of credibility if they try to charge the same $60 for some campaign expansion packs.

Possibly they just need to come back to the reality of non-subscription based profit margins.

Status
Not open for further replies.