Question Static or auto/adaptive voltage for 7920x

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Recently I updated my work/personal PC with an X299 motherboard and core i9 7920X cpu that I got a very good deal on. My specs are this:

Asus X299 Strix-E motherboard
Intel core i9 7920X
Corsair H115i Platinum Cooler (280mm radiator)
EVGA 1200W Platinum Supernova
(2) Titan X Pascal (SLI)
32 GB Corsair Vengance 3200 MHZ RGB
1 TB Intel 660P SSD
Etc., Etc.

Anyways, so through testing I've found I have a well above average CPU, according to Silicon Lottery's binning stats, I'm at least in the 30% able to do 4.6Ghz @ 1.215V, 4.5Ghz @ 1.190v, 4.4Ghz @ 1.175v, and 4.3Ghz @ 1.160v. Most of the time, I've settled on the 4.4 Ghz. These are all constant voltages, If I try auto voltages, I'm getting a couple of cores all the way up to almost 1.240v which creates alot of unwanted heat, but at a balanced power plan the cpu clocks down to 1.2Ghz @ 0.8v. My question is this, is it safe to keep my PC on constant or static voltage? Right now for about a week I've kept it on a high performance power plan with the static voltage of 1.175v an I've had no shut downs and no crazy temps at all, even with playing Far Cry 5, a very CPU bound game, it uses at least 20 out of my 24 threads and my temps hover between 36c and maybe 55c at the most. Running Real Bench I get maybe 75c to 78c after 20 minutes, and everything else I do, Handbrake, Blender, Revit, etc. I'm maybe at 65c to 70c while doing heavy work loads. I should mention I have an AVX offset of -3 and AVX 512 offset of -4, this was recommended to me by a friend that runs a local computer shop close to my house. I know that 1.175v, even 1.215v is very well under the safe limit for this CPU, I'm not concerned about saving power or anything, I'm just wondering will my CPU last a good 5-7 years + using this constant voltage. Any advice is highly appreciated.

P.S. I tried the 'total adaptive voltage' setting in bios, typed in 1.175v and I'm still reading those crazy high auto voltages, this is why I decided a week ago to leave it on constant.

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Also on the subject of X299, 7920x, etc. I forgot to ask, sorry, My CPU mesh is running @ 2.7 Ghz most of the time, which is Asus's 'standard' or whatever. Sometimes I've bumped it up to 3.0 Ghz using a manual voltage of 1.135v, is that safe to do long term? I haven't wanted to mess with it too much because I've heard all sort of things on the internet and I don't trust most sources, I high value the opinion of the people on here, So I'm adding that to my advice questions as well, thank you.