Question Static sound from my Monitor, Audio Issue?

Jun 15, 2019
I just built a new pc and installed my GPU driver which gave me Nvidia High definition audio in my device manager but I already had Realtek High Definition in my Device Manager.

I was told you shouldn't have two of these. I can hear a small static sound coming from my monitor and I was wondering if this is the cause of the issue, the sound seems to go and come back randomly.

Ralston18

Titan
Two drivers - likely yes. One for a device integrated into the motherboard and the other driver for a slotted component.

Static: loose connection, defective faulty plug/port, or cable, interference.

More information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model monitor? What connections are in place between PC, monitor, and any speakers/headsets?

Jun 15, 2019
Two drivers - likely yes. One for a device integrated into the motherboard and the other driver for a slotted component.

Static: loose connection, defective faulty plug/port, or cable, interference.

More information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Make and model monitor? What connections are in place between PC, monitor, and any speakers/headsets?
I disabled the Realtek High Definition Audio in my Device Manager and it appears the static is gone but I get no sound either, I'm assuming the issue is with this?

It seems more like a integral issue rather than a hardware one. I'm not using any headphone or microphone with it during this either, the issue goes when Realtek is disabled but returns when it's enabled. Is there anyway to work the audio just off the Nvidia Audio driver?

Jun 15, 2019
System hardware specs and OS? Monitor? Any other speaker connections?

What connections are in place between GPU and monitor?

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Monitor: AOC monitor just sure what model

The connection is in place with the gpu and monitor but I had to use a adapter for the GPU and monitor since this monitor is very old.

Ralston18

Titan
The following link should be the User Guide for your GTX 1060.

On Page 13 note the steps necessary to enable audio over HDMI.

However, that audio connection may not be possible if you have a very old monitor and are using some sort of HDMI to ???? adapter.

Also note the last paragraph link to the Nvidia Control Panel User's Guides.

You may be able to work out some other audio connection to make use of the monitor speakers.

TRENDING THREADS