SkyHye

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is a solution for my question, however i am not sure what the best option is. Currently, when i want to watch a videofile that's on my computer on my tv ( in the bedroom ) i play the file through videostream on my computer, to my chromecast that's hooked up to the tv. Problem is, if i want to pause or play back i have to walk to the computer which is a bit annoying. I can also place the file on my external harddrive a hook it up to the tv, play it through there and no problem. But i dont want to keep chaning the external HD from my computer to my tv every time. I was wondering, is there something like an external HD that has WIFI build into it? So i can place the files on it without the need to connect it to my computer?

Thanks!

You might also try getting a home theater remote for your computer, so you don't have to get up and walk to it. Some even have a little keyboard and trackpad built-in to help with occasional navigation of desktop applications...

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=htpc+remote

And if the PC is not too far from the television, you could connect it up directly as a secondary display for the computer with an HDMI cable, bypassing the Chromecast entirely, assuming both the PC and television have a free port available.

Seems you don't have a smart tv ? You can stream from windows 10 without the gadgets suggested above if you have a smart tv and wifi connecting the computer and the tv.Windows itself has a minimal app which streams and if the tv is a samsung, then you could load up "smart view" and from the bedroom chose between several movies etc , run subtitles , etc. I haven't gone to a movie theater in years.

SkyHye

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Thanks everyone for responding. I just found an app called Plex which is exactly what i needed. I can recommend it to anyone, it also works with subtitles which was very important for me.