Thanks. I tried and I still only get bitmap type option.

Is there any other reason?

Pierre

> Go to Start > Run and type: CLEANMGR.EXE , and hit enter.
> This will start your disk cleanup utility. Make sure to cleanup
> your Temporary Internet Files.
>
> Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978&Product=ie600
>
> Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260650&Product=ie600
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Pierre Vachon" wrote:
>
> | Why is it that when I try to save a photo off the net it only gives me
> the
> | option as a bitmap. I scroll the file type menu and there is only bitmap
> in
> | there.
> | Thanks in advance for the help
> |
> | Pierre

A couple more articles that may apply:

"No Preview Available" and "File Format Is Not Supported" Error Messages
Occur When You Try to View Graphic Files
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326675
Cannot Save Images in Windows XP As JPG
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324761
Music, Video, and Photos