I have windows xp SP1
Suddenly I found that all the folders in my computer have a dimmed read-only
check box (in their properties).
when I clear the read-only check box (with all subfolders and files) , it
returns to the dimmed state again .
This behaviour happens to all folders in the computer (as far as I tested).
why do this happen?
Is it normal or is it a virus, or what?

It's normal and all XP folders are marked read only. It's essentially for
the system and really doesn't effect you. You can't change folder
attributes but you can change the attributes of files.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User