Dec 16, 2020
Hi all, I've had this happen for quite a long time (well over a year) but I'm finally in a position where hopefully I can fix it if it's what I think it is.

I have an AMD RX480 8gb and 8gb of ram and an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40GHz running on 64 bit Windows 10 with a Corsair CX 750W PSU.

In most games I get these weird black squares flicker all over my screen and I have no clue why.

The games run fine, the clips below are from Cyberpunk 2077 which runs at about 40-60fps on High settings, 60+ on medium and low so the performance isn't effected at all and the games it happens on/doesn't happen on is just strange.

If I play Overwatch/Battlefield 1 then it's fine, no graphical glitches whatsoever but if I try playing WoW/Fortnite/Cyberpunk even damn Runescape, they're EVERYWHERE, fortnite and a game called Ancestors Legacy are by far the worst for it.

I've completely reinstalled my drivers using DDU, tried using the driver from release but still got the issue so is this my card artifacting or overheating? I can afford to buy another one but don't want to fork out if that's not the issue so does anyone have any advise or opinions?

Dec 16, 2020
Ok so my PC just completely died while playing Fallen Order - GPU and Ram were SUPER hot to touch but have now rapidly cooled down. Do I have an overheating issue?