Question Strange problem with EVGA RTX 2070 XC

ankushm999

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I have an EVGA RTX 2070 XC which runs fine for normal usage like browsing or watching videos. But it crashes as soon as I play games on it. In the event viewer, I see Event 13 and nvlddmkm errors. I have tried the common fixes like reinstalling fresh using DDU but to no avail. Even tried replacing the old nvlddmkm file but same issue.

There was a power surge recently but I have the PC connected to a surge protector. By any chance, could it have damaged the GPU or my PSU. The PSU I have is a Coolermaster B600 ver.2. But I tried connecting my old GTX 670 and it works completely fine even during games.

What seems to be the problem exactly? I'm completely at a loss.

well that Coolermaster B600 ver.2 is a cheap option try buying a better quality PSU is all I can say its not giving you the wattage try return it for a refund spend at least £100 on a PSU you spend 475 on a GPU
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Reactions: ankushm999

ankushm999

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks, I forgot to mention that the card worked fine for 3.5 weeks on this very same PSU. Would you still recommend me checking out one of the above mentioned PSUs?

capacitors die in PSU's and as far as I am aware coolermaster are not a brand of PSU that is any good anyone can put there name on a PSU but seasonic/evga or the ones in the list above are good makes

Reactions: ankushm999

ankushm999

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Unfortunately a new PSU didn't fix it either. Still facing the same problem and really am at a loss about what exactly is the issue. Even a refresh and reset of W10 didn't fix the issue.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS