Question Strange problem with EVGA RTX 2070 XC

ankushm999

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I have an EVGA RTX 2070 XC which runs fine for normal usage like browsing or watching videos. But it crashes as soon as I play games on it. In the event viewer, I see Event 13 and nvlddmkm errors. I have tried the common fixes like reinstalling fresh using DDU but to no avail. Even tried replacing the old nvlddmkm file but same issue.

There was a power surge recently but I have the PC connected to a surge protector. By any chance, could it have damaged the GPU or my PSU. The PSU I have is a Coolermaster B600 ver.2. But I tried connecting my old GTX 670 and it works completely fine even during games.

What seems to be the problem exactly? I'm completely at a loss.

well that Coolermaster B600 ver.2 is a cheap option try buying a better quality PSU is all I can say its not giving you the wattage try return it for a refund spend at least £100 on a PSU you spend 475 on a GPU
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Reactions: ankushm999
capacitors die in PSU's and as far as I am aware coolermaster are not a brand of PSU that is any good anyone can put there name on a PSU but seasonic/evga or the ones in the list above are good makes

Reactions: ankushm999

ankushm999

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Unfortunately a new PSU didn't fix it either. Still facing the same problem and really am at a loss about what exactly is the issue. Even a refresh and reset of W10 didn't fix the issue.

TRENDING THREADS