Juker

Commendable
Oct 11, 2019
Hello, I'd like to stream Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. But I keep getting skipped frames and my stream feels laggy sometimes. Here is my pc build:

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON

be quiet! SHADOW ROCK LP 51.4 CFM CPU Cooler

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24" 144HZ

2nd Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 931BW

My internet speed is good, I try to stream at 4000 bitrate, from what I've researched its ideal to have it between 3000 and 4700 with my internet speed. With all of this information can anyone tell me how do I fix the "laggyness".

Thank you so much for any help and have an awesome day! :)

Solution
If you stream with the graphics (qsv or nvenc) then the only reason to get lag is the priority settings,open task manager while you stream and raise the priority of the streaming process,go to the details tab click on CPU to sort by descending CPU usage and the streaming process should be one of the top most ones,right click on it set priority and use high.
IF YOU USE x264 DO NOT DO THAT since it uses the CPU and increasing priority in that case will be bad.
If you stream with the graphics (qsv or nvenc) then the only reason to get lag is the priority settings,open task manager while you stream and raise the priority of the streaming process,go to the details tab click on CPU to sort by descending CPU usage and the streaming process should be one of the top most ones,right click on it set priority and use high.
IF YOU USE x264 DO NOT DO THAT since it uses the CPU and increasing priority in that case will be bad.

Reactions: Juker
Solution