Mar 31, 2022
Hiiii everyone! My pc was running fine (never experienced problems with this pc before), suddenly "ran into a problem" and went into automatic repair in the windows recovery environment. When it was done "repairing" it said "failed to repair". It took me back to the windows recovery environment. Ive tried different options; troubleshooting, advanced options, resetting etc. They all failed and said the same thing. "Failed to reset ur pc" etc. I have tried diff youtube vids and nothing has worked. Restarting my pc just takes me back to Windows Recovery Enviroment. I'm stuck there and none of the options work. What could the issue be? I'm on windows 10.
I'm not very good with PCs so I would appreciate all the help I can get from someone whos a little bit more experienced. If it helps I can try provide you with more information, just ask me any question.
Thank you in advance!
kind regards, Ayaka :)

Solution
Yup, buy or acquire a properly sized USB, go to the website linked above and choose the create installation media option. It will ask if it's for the PC you are on, or another, and then is pretty automated until that aspect is done.

Typically, if nothing has been changed many PC come default on boot order to look for a USB and then for boot manager on a disk, so you technically may be able to just put the USB into (I suggest a rear 2.0 slot) and turn it on. It should load the installer and will ask you some questions as you move through.
Personally, I like to use the "advanced" option for the installer where I can see the disk and the partitions there. I typically delete them all, select the unallocated space and let the installer do...
Mar 31, 2022
In this case it would probably be a good idea to consider a fresh install of Windows.

Do you have another operational PC and an 8GB USB stick available to you?

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Pick the option to create an install USB for a "different" computer than the one you are using to create this.

Hello I have another pc I'm using right now as a temporary option but I do not have a USB stick. Is this the best option you would recommend because then I guess, I should just buy one..? :) And then I do exactly what with it? I'm not sure how it works, sorry if im asking a stupid question

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yup, buy or acquire a properly sized USB, go to the website linked above and choose the create installation media option. It will ask if it's for the PC you are on, or another, and then is pretty automated until that aspect is done.

Typically, if nothing has been changed many PC come default on boot order to look for a USB and then for boot manager on a disk, so you technically may be able to just put the USB into (I suggest a rear 2.0 slot) and turn it on. It should load the installer and will ask you some questions as you move through.
Personally, I like to use the "advanced" option for the installer where I can see the disk and the partitions there. I typically delete them all, select the unallocated space and let the installer do it's thing.

In the case that it doesn't automatically load into the installer it gets a little trickier. There is a good tutorial here, but I don't have the link handy, and there are tons of how to videos online. Your key should be tied to your hardware ID, so no worries about that, but you must select to install the same version of Windows you have now.

Solution