Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
Hi guys, I have windows 10 installed on a Gigabyte B360 Aorus gaming mobo. Everything works fine and fast normally. However, whenever the light goes off and I restart the pc, it gets stuck on the bios screen. I have to spam delete for almost a good minute to get into bios and then exit. After that, it even takes a long time for the windows circle to load, almost like 2 minutes. Is there any fix for this ? Everything loads fine and fast normally.

Solution
Windows normally boots from a fast boot image.
That is a simple reading of a file.
When you have a power outage, that image is no longer valid and windows must build up the system, piece by piece.
That takes both cpu power and hard drive power.
2 minutes seems reasonable.
If you are not using a ssd, it takes much longer.
Very little info:
My guess, You completely lost power and computer is reloading bios and drivers etc.....
Are you loosing bios settings when this happens? (you need to look prior to "light turning off" and then again after) Is all the hardware still listed? are all the bios settings the same?
If bios goes to default you may have a bad battery.

Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
Very little info:
My guess, You completely lost power and computer is reloading bios and drivers etc.....
Are you loosing bios settings when this happens? (you need to look prior to "light turning off" and then again after) Is all the hardware still listed? are all the bios settings the same?
If bios goes to default you may have a bad battery.
Bios settings are not affected. Nothing is. Everything is exactly the same as it was. It just gets stuck thats it.

When you have a power outage, that image is no longer valid and windows must build up the system, piece by piece.

Solution

Arno__Dorian

Honorable
Oct 17, 2015
oh ok, so its normal, that's all I needed to know, thanks :)