[SOLVED] Stuck Pixel on IPS Monitor

VirtuWill

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
Hey all, I recently purchased a brand new IPS Monitor (LG 27ML600M 27") As soon as I turned it on it has what appears to be a stuck pixel, however it does not stay one consistent colour and seems to change depending on what colour it is supposed to be showing, while not showing up on white at all.
Any advice on whether I should try waiting/fixing or just take it straight back for a refund would be appreciated as this has happened just after returning my previous monitor due to a dead pixel and flicker issue.
Thanks in advance

Solution
Probably a dead pixel. I have had them in pretty much all lcd screens I have ever had and not much you can do to prevent it from what I know. There is a video you can get from memory which flashes lots of colours for hours and hours which you can play on your lcd screen to try and fix it but doesn't work for everyone. Also unlikely to get a refund for dead pixels.

ozm8ey

Reputable
May 10, 2015
Probably a dead pixel. I have had them in pretty much all lcd screens I have ever had and not much you can do to prevent it from what I know. There is a video you can get from memory which flashes lots of colours for hours and hours which you can play on your lcd screen to try and fix it but doesn't work for everyone. Also unlikely to get a refund for dead pixels.

Solution