I'm sure most of you have messed around with the super gravity
gun, grabbing "copies" of friendly NPCs' bodies and throwing them
around. If you're like me, you were bummed that you couldn't do
this with Alyx's body. Or Mossman, Eli, Barney, Dr. Kleiner,
or Lamar. (You can do it with Father Grigori, Dog, and Colonel
Cubbage).

Well, I wanted Alyx's body, at least to knock around with
conventional weapons, so I had to kill her. So I spawned her
along with an antlion guard. It manages to kill her in two charges
if it can get them in fast enough. (Her health regenerates). Very
inefficient, as it kept knocking her too far away to get in two
attacks fast enough unless she was cornered. Also funny how
her posture doesn't change when she's thrown in the air. No
pain animations. She just ducks in the air sometimes. (Antlion
guards have some cool idle animations, btw).

Then I tried spawning some Combine soldiers around another
copy of Alyx. They spawn without weapons and for some reason
will not move. They will turn and hit you if you get close, so I
spawned a ring of soldiers around my Alyx and watched them
pummel her to death. Pretty entertaining, but still a little slow.

The easiest way was to spawn a floor turret and hold it up to
her face. Did it with Mossman too, who I just wanted to see die,
though it was kind of lame, as she doesn't have any pain or death
cries.

Now that I had my pile of dead Alyxes (and Mossmans), well, it
was a bit of a let down. But I'll admit she is pretty sexy when she's
dead. (Yes I'm sick).

I'll tell you what's a lot of fun, though. Spawn an enemy NPC
next to a Vortigaunt and watch the fireworks. They even have
attack phrases like "Allow me!" and "To the void!" ZAP! Nifty
melee animations too. They must have planned to have a scene
where you would have Vortigaunts by your side in battle. They
do kill some Combine in the raid on Black Mesa East, which you
can just barely see through the rubble, but you can't hear their battle
cries. At least it's all there for a mod.

I think you choice an appropriate name... :)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:30:36 GMT, "nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm sure most of you have messed around with the super gravity
>gun, grabbing "copies" of friendly NPCs' bodies and throwing them
>around. If you're like me, you were bummed that you couldn't do
>this with Alyx's body. Or Mossman, Eli, Barney, Dr. Kleiner,
>or Lamar. (You can do it with Father Grigori, Dog, and Colonel
>Cubbage).
>
>Well, I wanted Alyx's body, at least to knock around with
>conventional weapons, so I had to kill her. So I spawned her
>along with an antlion guard. It manages to kill her in two charges
>if it can get them in fast enough. (Her health regenerates). Very
>inefficient, as it kept knocking her too far away to get in two
>attacks fast enough unless she was cornered. Also funny how
>her posture doesn't change when she's thrown in the air. No
>pain animations. She just ducks in the air sometimes. (Antlion
>guards have some cool idle animations, btw).
>
>Then I tried spawning some Combine soldiers around another
>copy of Alyx. They spawn without weapons and for some reason
>will not move. They will turn and hit you if you get close, so I
>spawned a ring of soldiers around my Alyx and watched them
>pummel her to death. Pretty entertaining, but still a little slow.
>
>The easiest way was to spawn a floor turret and hold it up to
>her face. Did it with Mossman too, who I just wanted to see die,
>though it was kind of lame, as she doesn't have any pain or death
>cries.
>
>Now that I had my pile of dead Alyxes (and Mossmans), well, it
>was a bit of a let down. But I'll admit she is pretty sexy when she's
>dead. (Yes I'm sick).
>
>I'll tell you what's a lot of fun, though. Spawn an enemy NPC
>next to a Vortigaunt and watch the fireworks. They even have
>attack phrases like "Allow me!" and "To the void!" ZAP! Nifty
>melee animations too. They must have planned to have a scene
>where you would have Vortigaunts by your side in battle. They
>do kill some Combine in the raid on Black Mesa East, which you
>can just barely see through the rubble, but you can't hear their battle
>cries. At least it's all there for a mod.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll
drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience..."