[SOLVED] Stutter when dragging windows around ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbacker26

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
I am dealing with some stuttering in games and I may have found some connection/clue. Whenever I drag around windows that have moving graphs (MSI Afterburner, QuickCPU etc) the window stutters/freezes intermittently. I should reiterate that this ONLY OCCURS when dragging a window with a moving graph or something of that nature (LatencyMon, MSI Afterburner). Dragging any other window is smooth as butter. Here is an example of what I'm experiencing:
View: https://vimeo.com/497501909

My GPU/Motherboard drivers are up to date, fresh install of windows, XMP enabled etc. Any help appreciated

Solution
Hey there,

Have you got a gaming mouse/software? You might try changing the polling rate to below 500. For some apps that use hardware acceleration, high polling rates can make some apps act very weirdly.

For example, with some mice, CPU-Z will glide across the screen if dragged by mouse, with horrendous lag. By changing the polling rate from default (let's say 1000hz) to 250/300, it can fix issues similar to yours. I'm not saying it's a solution, but worth a try.
Hey there,

Have you got a gaming mouse/software? You might try changing the polling rate to below 500. For some apps that use hardware acceleration, high polling rates can make some apps act very weirdly.

For example, with some mice, CPU-Z will glide across the screen if dragged by mouse, with horrendous lag. By changing the polling rate from default (let's say 1000hz) to 250/300, it can fix issues similar to yours. I'm not saying it's a solution, but worth a try.

Solution
Jul 29, 2021
Hi. I had that kind of problem, and it happened to me because of my HDD.
If you too already have that kind of hardware that you added recently, try removing it or uninstalling its driver. Maybe that can help you detect your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.