Aug 2, 2019
As the title suggest, that is the major issue that I am having. For the longest time, I was able to play games like the Witcher 3 and Black Ops III without issues. Well, later on I got a DisplayPort cable and plugged that in, that way I could have a multi-monitor setup. I didn't really have any issues at first. Some stutter in Mass Effect Andromeda, which I was able to fix. Some in Anthem, which I was never able to figure out. Well, I tried Black Ops III a couple months back and have been having this stutter issue. It stutters for a fraction of a second. The frametime spikes essentially. The same issue with The Witcher 3, Forza Motorsport 7, and Black Ops 4. Well, I took my other monitor out of the mix to try and narrow things down. Both have been tested and provide the same results. However, if I unplug DisplayPort and plug in HDMI, the stuttering in all of my games is gone. Which is less than ideal, because I have a Acer Predator XB271H Abmiprz (144Hz, 1080p, G-Sync) monitor. That requires DisplayPort to be able to take advantage of those features. I've tried disabling G-Sync, turning the refresh down to 60Hz, and lowering games settings. Problem occurs on both monitors when I use DisplayPort and goes away on both when I use HDMI. I've tried using Nvidia Control Panels V-Sync, and capping the framerate with RivaTuner. My temps are stable and never exceed 85 C (uncapped FPS) and 65 C on my CPU. I've updated my drivers, done fresh install of Windows. I don't have a ton of background processes running. Just the essential ones like Razer Synapse, iCUE, and Logitech. I've tried disabling in-game overlays. I've turned all of my overclocks off. I've booted my PC into Safe Mode and uninstalled my Nvidia Driver, and then reinstalled it. It still persist. Like I said, once I use HDMI after restarting the system, the stutter is gone in all of my games. I've tested three DisplayPort cables now. I've tested each port on my GPU. I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

My specs are listed here:
CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 3.7 GHz
GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM - 16GBs of DDR4 2133 MHz
750 W Corsair Gold Rated Power Supply
SSD - SanDisk 250 GB
HDD - WD Blue 1 TB
Cooler - Corsair H115i Pro
Motherboard - Asus Z370 Prime-A

Solution
So, I'm not a genius when it comes down to this.

-Maybe try downgrading your drivers to the point where you're certain you didn't notice any stuttering.
-Are you playing games on all three monitors or just one? Maybe, the third monitor is just too much for your system, altho I can't see that as a problem since your system should handle those well enough.
-Maybe your displayport cable is faulty and you should try another displayport cable. This is what I think is most likely the problem.
-If possible, don't use displayport, but another cable instead that doesn't give you the stuttering. But I read that you can only get the wanted results with displayport. But if possible, use another cable.

Maybe this thread might help you...

theRTT

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
So, I'm not a genius when it comes down to this.

-Maybe try downgrading your drivers to the point where you're certain you didn't notice any stuttering.
-Are you playing games on all three monitors or just one? Maybe, the third monitor is just too much for your system, altho I can't see that as a problem since your system should handle those well enough.
-Maybe your displayport cable is faulty and you should try another displayport cable. This is what I think is most likely the problem.
-If possible, don't use displayport, but another cable instead that doesn't give you the stuttering. But I read that you can only get the wanted results with displayport. But if possible, use another cable.

Maybe this thread might help you: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ax4838/attention_display_port_users_i_might_have_a/
(if you haven't read that one yet)

Good luck!

Solution
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for sharing that link to me. Unfortunately, I have already come across that forum and tried to mess with the Pre-Rendered Frames like it suggest, but to no avail. Also, I will mention I have tried using multiple DisplayPort cables. Three. And I only game on one monitor, while the other is just for multi-tasking. But I've tried doing the testing even with only one monitor being used. I can't remember when I started noticed stuttering, because I recently switched to DisplayPort. For the most part, it doesn't happen in all games, but certains ones, it does for sure. But even if I disable G-Sync, lower the refresh rate to 60Hz, the same games will still stutter. Then I plug HDMI in instead, and it fixes the issue.