Question Sudden OC Instability (Ryzen 1600x)

SierraArgo

Reputable
May 25, 2017
So recently I have begun experiencing instability with my overclock on my Ryzen 1600x. I have previously had a stable OC of 4GHz, however I have recently moved into a new appartment, and now it has become unstable, giving me boot failures at anything over 3.8GHz. I was wondering if the move to the new appartment may have had something to do with it (perhaps dirty wall power?) or if it is simply incidental. It is worth noting that my system is plugged into a UPS, which is in turn plugged into the wall.

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
So recently I have begun experiencing instability with my overclock on my Ryzen 1600x. I have previously had a stable OC of 4GHz, however I have recently moved into a new appartment, and now it has become unstable, giving me boot failures at anything over 3.8GHz. I was wondering if the move to the new appartment may have had something to do with it (perhaps dirty wall power?) or if it is simply incidental. It is worth noting that my system is plugged into a UPS, which is in turn plugged into the wall.
If you have it plugged into the wall dirty wall power may have been a problem but since you have it on a ups it can be that

The move may havr had an impact thay disturbed the silcon but im not sure