Question Suggestion for buying high end laptop Asus rog Zephyrus M16 2022 edition

Feb 2, 2022
Greeting everyone,i'm in search of buying a laptop and i was mainly considering the price point between 1800-2300€ euros using it both as a working station and a gaming machine,i had some models in my mind until i stumbled upon this model that caught my eye which hasn't came out yet but it will soon :

Asus ROG Zephyrus M16 GU603ZW-K8092W
and here's the link with the all the specifics:

https://www.plaisio.gr/gaming-zone/...9e8e9807c39041dadc08a99795c8cd4c&qIx=products

so far i found it only in this particular shop which i know and is one of the biggest in my country so it is reliable and the price goes up to 2900€ .Now this is obviously a high end laptop with 12th gen i9 ddr5 ram and rtx 3070ti which will be available soon in other laptops as well, my question here is : do all these goodies make this laptop more futureproof like in 4-5 years ahead futureproof? Is it worth going over my intended budget to get this laptop?

thanks in advance!

Reactions: Wished

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The higher spec'd a laptop you get, the longer you can hold onto it. Ofc, this doesn't mean you can abuse it. If you take care of the laptop, keep it cool and also maintain a healthy computing habit, yes they can last you 4-5 years and maybe even more if you're very careful.

Feb 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The higher spec'd a laptop you get, the longer you can hold onto it. Ofc, this doesn't mean you can abuse it. If you take care of the laptop, keep it cool and also maintain a healthy computing habit, yes they can last you 4-5 years and maybe even more if you're very careful.

thanks for the warm welcome!

i see,so your answer is basically yes? should i go for it without hesitation?
well i'm always really careful with my devices and don't abuse them,but can you define what a "healthy computing habbit" is exactly?
also forgot to mention that this the first laptop i'm ever buying so any general suggestions and tips on how to keep it nice and healthy are welcome :)

Mar 4, 2022
Hey Thanasis. I also looked for a nice and future-proof gaming machine. I compared the M16 with the Razerblade and Alien Ware and in the end I decided for the ROG M16 because it has the best mix of powerful hardware, durability, good service and design. It should also be quiet while using office and doing browsing which is very important to me. The techonolgies are really up to date, for example the mux switch and the cooling system.
For me its the nearly perfect machine and I cant wait to hold it in my hands!
So I could really recommend you buying it :)