[SOLVED] Suggestion required for new Gaming Rig (Final version)

PROHDGaming

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
Solution
3800xt would be a better choice in case I go for 8 core?
No, a 5600X should be faster in all of today's games, since the new Zen 3 architecture boosted gaming performance (in CPU-limited scenarios) by more than 20% on average compared to Zen 2. And as far as core counts go, a 6-core, 12-thread processor like the 5600X is likely to be plenty to handle new games smoothly for some years to come.

As for the cooler, your existing one might be alright if its pump is still running properly, though it would not have included a socket AM4 mounting bracket if it's a pre-Ryzen model. As far as heat output goes though, the 5600X shouldn't be much harder to cool than a 6700K, despite having more cores.

You know personally I'm not a...
Hello Community

I have finalised and was able to obtain parts for the upgrade to my existing gaming PC

Below is the final part list based on my budget and availability of new components: CPU, Mobo, and GPU

System Builder - Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING, Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower - PCPartPicker

I would like your advice regarding compatibility and overall performance I can expect from this upgrade

Your suggestion is more than welcome!

Cheers
You can consider buying windows from urcdkey also why 5600x?? Maybe consider a 8c processor? If you plan to play AAA games without anything in background it will be fine but when multitasking you might see stutters.

PROHDGaming

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
Thanks for the reply General Kenobi, Availablity is an issue where I live, 5600x is readily available now! I have seen the gaming benchmark, 5600x is a pretty good processor, My gaming PC is primarily for gaming only and video production with PowerDirector 365! I do little video and Photo production with Adobe suite! I use razor cortex to minimize the impact of background processes while gaming! I would love to go for 8 core 5800x but it does seem unnecessary at this point! my goal is to get a 4K 144hz monitor later on! and I want all AAA Games to give me 60fps easily! 3800xt would be a better choice in case I go for 8 core?

I have windows pro already!

Thanks for the reply General Kenobi, Availablity is an issue where I live, 5600x is readily available now! I have seen the gaming benchmark, 5600x is a pretty good processor, My gaming PC is primarily for gaming only and video production with PowerDirector 365! I do little video and Photo production with Adobe suite! I use razor cortex to minimize the impact of background processes while gaming! I would love to go for 8 core 5800x but it does seem unnecessary at this point! my goal is to get a 4K 144hz monitor later on! and I want all AAA Games to give me 60fps easily! 3800xt would be a better choice in case I go for 8 core?

I have windows pro already!
If your are gonna get 4k 144hz you probably want it for long also if you want to stream maybe or even if you earn through your pc then a 5900x for you will also be a better choice. That's my opinion.

PROHDGaming

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014
yeah maybe in future, I do have gaming channel which earns somewhat OK (nothing impressive) but gaming is my stress buster and its a passion and not profession! I like creating videos and upload it to YouTube for fun, Ad revenue is just added bonus and support these kinds of upgrades to my gaming RIG! I have skipped two generations of GPU upgrade (I have 980tis in SLI currently with i7 6700K)

Also, my liquid cooler is five years old (Corsair H100i), I suppose its time to change? what do you think?

BTW, this is my existing rig https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3wp67T, the one I shared above is with proposed rig upgrades!

yeah maybe in future, I do have gaming channel which earns somewhat OK (nothing impressive) but gaming is my stress buster and its a passion and not profession! I like creating videos and upload it to YouTube for fun, Ad revenue is just added bonus and support these kinds of upgrades to my gaming RIG! I have skipped two generations of GPU upgrade (I have 980tis in SLI currently with i7 6700K)

Also, my liquid cooler is five years old (Corsair H100i), I suppose its time to change? what do you think?

BTW, this is my existing rig https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3wp67T, the one I shared above is with proposed rig upgrades!
You know personally I'm not a big fan of 5600x because of its price and just two days ago i9 9900k was being sold for$300 at micro center so.. And Yes consider getting a new cooler.

3800xt would be a better choice in case I go for 8 core?
No, a 5600X should be faster in all of today's games, since the new Zen 3 architecture boosted gaming performance (in CPU-limited scenarios) by more than 20% on average compared to Zen 2. And as far as core counts go, a 6-core, 12-thread processor like the 5600X is likely to be plenty to handle new games smoothly for some years to come.

As for the cooler, your existing one might be alright if its pump is still running properly, though it would not have included a socket AM4 mounting bracket if it's a pre-Ryzen model. As far as heat output goes though, the 5600X shouldn't be much harder to cool than a 6700K, despite having more cores.

You know personally I'm not a big fan of 5600x because of its price and just two days ago i9 9900k was being sold for$300 at micro center so.. And Yes consider getting a new cooler.
Most people don't live anywhere near a MicroCenter, since they only have 25 locations across the US, and their processor deals are in-store only. If you have to drive hours to get one at that price, it's not a deal.

Also, the 9900K isn't exactly "better". AMD's SMT implementation is superior to Intel's, so the 6-core, 12-thread 5600X manages to perform roughly on-par with, and in many cases faster than an 8-core, 16-thread 9900K in most heavily-multithreaded applications, despite having fewer cores, and the same applies to many lightly-threaded applications as well, due the processor's higher IPC making up for its lower clock rates. What's more, the 9900K is very power hungry and puts out a lot of heat on Intel's 5+ year-old 14nm process, whereas the 5600X is built on TSMC's newer 7nm processor, making it far more efficient. As a result, it doesn't draw as much power or require nearly as much cooling to maintain reasonable temperatures under load. Personally, I would rather have a 5600X over a 9900K at the same price, largely down to the better efficiency, so it makes sense why the price of the 9900K has been getting slashed recently. While 5600X may be priced relatively high compared to recent 6-core, 12-thread processors, it typically performs more like Intel's 8-core, 16-thread models, which generally cost more. A 9900K at around $300 could potentially be a decent alternative though, since the 5600X is hard to come by at the moment.

Solution

PROHDGaming

Honorable
Nov 26, 2014

Most people don't live anywhere near a MicroCenter, since they only have 25 locations across the US, and their processor deals are in-store only. If you have to drive hours to get one at that price, it's not a deal.

Also, the 9900K isn't exactly "better". AMD's SMT implementation is superior to Intel's, so the 6-core, 12-thread 5600X manages to perform roughly on-par with, and in many cases faster than an 8-core, 16-thread 9900K in most heavily-multithreaded applications, despite having fewer cores, and the same applies to many lightly-threaded applications as well, due the processor's higher IPC making up for its lower clock rates. What's more, the 9900K is very power hungry and puts out a lot of heat on Intel's 5+ year-old 14nm process, whereas the 5600X is built on TSMC's newer 7nm processor, making it far more efficient. As a result, it doesn't draw as much power or require nearly as much cooling to maintain reasonable temperatures under load. Personally, I would rather have a 5600X over a 9900K at the same price, largely down to the better efficiency, so it makes sense why the price of the 9900K has been getting slashed recently. While 5600X may be priced relatively high compared to recent 6-core, 12-thread processors, it typically performs more like Intel's 8-core, 16-thread models, which generally cost more. A 9900K at around $300 could potentially be a decent alternative though, since the 5600X is hard to come by at the moment.
Thank you for the reply and feedback!