Question Surface Laptop Blue Screen Boot Loop with Bit-locker Cherry on Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam___subtractem

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Hi everybody. I have a Surface Laptop 2 (not the surface tablet) that is one year & 2 weeks old. Out of warranty by 2 weeks... lol

All of a sudden when I booted it up the laptop blue screened. No problem, I rebooted, worked for a minute or two, another blue screen. Endless blue screen loop. Endless errors, (bugcheck, unexpected kernal, etc)

I tried to then boot to safe mode which is a nightmare on the Surface because you can really only change the secure boot config, no way to get to BIOS that I am aware of.

Then all of a sudden it locked me out and wants me to enter a Bit-locker key... Out of nowhere really, I never configured this machine with bit-locker.

How can I just boot to USB and fresh install Win10?
Any suggestions?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

popatim

Titan
Someone did at some point. Was this a 'used' business machine? That's probably the culprit if so.

Unfortunately, there really isn't anything we can do for you. Bitlocker (& drive encryption) is simply doing it's job and there really isn't a way around it.

Me, I'd get back to MS and keep harping on them, it's only 2 weeks out of warranty!

adam___subtractem

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
Someone did at some point. Was this a 'used' business machine? That's probably the culprit if so.

Unfortunately, there really isn't anything we can do for you. Bitlocker (& drive encryption) is simply doing it's job and there really isn't a way around it.

Me, I'd get back to MS and keep harping on them, it's only 2 weeks out of warranty!

Thanks again, it is a personal machine. Never bitlocked. Perhaps malware?
Will contact Microsoft again. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.