Loki_TSO

Reputable
Apr 30, 2019
Hi, I want to change the surround speakers in my living room and I already have some replacement but I'm not sure about what the result would be... The thing is, I want to change them because they're part of an old Sony 5.1 kit that I got a while ago which I don't use it anymore since I upgraded everything else (so I would like to sell it). What I don't know is if it would be ok to change them since the replacement I have for them seem to only have one driver instead of (I think) two. I wasn't able to find any information about the new speakers so I really don't know what to expect, would the sound ok? Better? Worse? I don't know...

Pictures:
Current Sony speakers
Lancaster Replacement Speakers

kanewolf

Titan
Hi, I want to change the surround speakers in my living room and I already have some replacement but I'm not sure about what the result would be... The thing is, I want to change them because they're part of an old Sony 5.1 kit that I got a while ago which I don't use it anymore since I upgraded everything else (so I would like to sell it). What I don't know is if it would be ok to change them since the replacement I have for them seem to only have one driver instead of (I think) two. I wasn't able to find any information about the new speakers so I really don't know what to expect, would the sound ok? Better? Worse? I don't know...

Pictures:
Current Sony speakers
Lancaster Replacement Speakers
Sony pre-packaged surround systems often have very low impedance speaker (3 ohms). Those will NOT work well with typical home stereo equipment.
The other thing that mix-and-match with surround sound speakers can cause is tonal differences when sounds move from one speaker to another. Optimally all 5 speakers should be identical.

Loki_TSO

Reputable
Apr 30, 2019
Sony pre-packaged surround systems often have very low impedance speaker (3 ohms). Those will NOT work well with typical home stereo equipment.
The other thing that mix-and-match with surround sound speakers can cause is tonal differences when sounds move from one speaker to another. Optimally all 5 speakers should be identical.
Well I know the best thing is to have identical speakers but to be honest, everything in my current setup was bought used for very little money, I just want to know if the one speakers are going to sound OK or like trash...

TRENDING THREADS