Jan 13, 2024
Hey guys I hope someone can figure this out for me. Aside from the occasional blue screen I have never had any issues with my PC until I shut it down the day before yesterday and turned it back on yesterday morning and to my surprise it went into a boot loop. It would turn on start to boot the shut off and repeat. I left it alone for a bit as i got pulled away by my kids and when i came back around 10 minutes late my PC was up and running no issues. I had no issues the rest of the day ethe. Come this morning I went to use my PC and was greeted with black screens PC was running but no graphic information was being displayed and I couldn't get it to do anything so I rebooted and it went back into the boot loop. I tried trouble shooting by taking components out and booting until it booted and found that my GPU seemed to be the culprit although I've never had any issues with it before. I took my system apart fully and cleaned it since that was also longer over due and re installed my GPU into a different PCI slot and my PC booted no problem and is stable for the most part until I start playing an game that requires my GPU to do any sort of work There are some games I can play without any issue like i played an entire game of league of legends and played a few matches of rocket league. I get about 30 secs to a coupe minutes into games like Snow runner or Ready or not however and my PC hard locks like it would before blue screening except it never blue screens and at one point when it was happening pc was going down into a low power mode with just the fans running kind of like it does if your pc boots but wont post I have tried updating drivers and messing with BIOS settings. I also recently updated my bios and rolled back to the old one just incase and that also didn't change anything. If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be causing this crashing I am open to all suggestions

PC Specs:

Intel I7 10700k 3.5 GHZ
RTX 3060 8GB GPU
Asus Z490 -A mobo
32GB RGB 2666mhz DDR4 Ram
Samsung evo m.2 1gb
Samsung evo SSD 1GB
Crucial 213 GB SSD
1TB HDD ( was not connected until this morning not used for gaming or any sort of system info)
600 Watt PSU (pushing 10 years old needs replacing I'm sure)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600 Watt PSU
You should mention the make and model of the PSU. Given that it's 10 years old, it needs to go into the bin or on a shelf(if it's a good unit).

Source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built, 650W PSU and see if the issue persists.

Jan 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600 Watt PSU
You should mention the make and model of the PSU. Given that it's 10 years old, it needs to go into the bin or on a shelf(if it's a good unit).

Source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built, 650W PSU and see if the issue persists.
Thanks for the tip I was planning on replacing that PSU asap anyway so I will let you know how things play out

Jan 13, 2024
Thanks for the tip I was planning on replacing that PSU asap anyway so I will let you know how things play out I just re read my post and notice i didn't mention that I think a capacitor might have been knocked loose when I took my GPU out to test if it was the problem. The way the clips are that hold in that gnu are hard to press down on with how tall the 30 series RTX cards are and I may have bombed the capacitor behind the release when i took it it out it doesn't look as straight as it use to and i pushed on it a bit and it moved every so slightly

Jan 13, 2024
Hey guys I hope someone can figure this out for me. Aside from the occasional blue screen I have never had any issues with my PC until I shut it down the day before yesterday and turned it back on yesterday morning and to my surprise it went into a boot loop. It would turn on start to boot the shut off and repeat. I left it alone for a bit as i got pulled away by my kids and when i came back around 10 minutes late my PC was up and running no issues. I had no issues the rest of the day ethe. Come this morning I went to use my PC and was greeted with black screens PC was running but no graphic information was being displayed and I couldn't get it to do anything so I rebooted and it went back into the boot loop. I tried trouble shooting by taking components out and booting until it booted and found that my GPU seemed to be the culprit although I've never had any issues with it before. I took my system apart fully and cleaned it since that was also longer over due and re installed my GPU into a different PCI slot and my PC booted no problem and is stable for the most part until I start playing an game that requires my GPU to do any sort of work There are some games I can play without any issue like i played an entire game of league of legends and played a few matches of rocket league. I get about 30 secs to a coupe minutes into games like Snow runner or Ready or not however and my PC hard locks like it would before blue screening except it never blue screens and at one point when it was happening pc was going down into a low power mode with just the fans running kind of like it does if your pc boots but wont post I have tried updating drivers and messing with BIOS settings. I also recently updated my bios and rolled back to the old one just incase and that also didn't change anything. If anyone has any suggestions as to what could be causing this crashing I am open to all suggestions

PC Specs:

Intel I7 10700k 3.5 GHZ
RTX 3060 8GB GPU
Asus Z490 -A mobo
32GB RGB 2666mhz DDR4 Ram
Samsung evo m.2 1gb
Samsung evo SSD 1GB
Crucial 213 GB SSD
1TB HDD ( was not connected until this morning not used for gaming or any sort of system info)
600 Watt PSU (pushing 10 years old needs replacing I'm sure)
UPDATE:

I changed out the PSU and still no change i took everything out of my case and cleaned everything put it all back together and was getting a CPU error when my PC tried to boot until i re adjusted the nuts that hold my cpu cooler onto the cpu slot now it boots no problem but im back to the same issue when ever i boot a game that requires any sort of effort to play my pc locks up after a few minutes. I have tried booting my pc and playing a game with everything taken out and i had spare ram so i tested that as well. i cannot figure out why my PC is crashing like this.