Jun 28, 2020
Hi.

Some time ago I built a computer with these specs:

RTX 2070
B450 MSI Motherboard
2x8 3200Mhz CL18 Ram kit
Ryzen 5 3600X
CX750M Corsair PSU

At first I didn't notice any issues. But, at some times when I enter loading screens in games for example, the system does a complete reboot. I have turned off automatic restarts in hope to get a BSOD instead, but the problem prevailed and the reboots kept occuring. From what I've seen this is a PSU problem, but could anything else cause a problem like this? My temperatures are fine, they never exceed 60C, and I have only overclocked my CPU to 4Ghz, no overclocks on the GPU.
Any help is appreciated!

Kalle96

Prominent
Mar 17, 2019
Here's a troubleshooting checklist, start at the top, if the issues persist, try the option below.

- Go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx , download the driver for your graphics card, and put it on your desktop, do not install it yet. Download DDU, https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html , go into the settings of the program, and check everything under the NVIDIA tab, then uninstall the GPU driver. Restart your PC into windows safe mode without internet, and install the driver from the desktop. Then restart the computer and test. If the issues persist, try the same method again, but with an older driver.

- Update the driver for your SSD if you have one, with, the proper program from the makes of the SSD. Kingston has the Kingston SSD Manager for example.

- Install the latest version of your BIOS, which can be found on the product page for your motherboard usually under Support.

- If you have components with RGB, such as fans, unplug the cable that controls the RGB.

Hope this helps!

Jun 28, 2020
Here's a troubleshooting checklist, start at the top, if the issues persist, try the option below.

- Go to https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx , download the driver for your graphics card, and put it on your desktop, do not install it yet. Download DDU, https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html , go into the settings of the program, and check everything under the NVIDIA tab, then uninstall the GPU driver. Restart your PC into windows safe mode without internet, and install the driver from the desktop. Then restart the computer and test. If the issues persist, try the same method again, but with an older driver.

- Update the driver for your SSD if you have one, with, the proper program from the makes of the SSD. Kingston has the Kingston SSD Manager for example.

- Install the latest version of your BIOS, which can be found on the product page for your motherboard usually under Support.

- If you have components with RGB, such as fans, unplug the cable that controls the RGB.

Hope this helps!
Hi, first of all thanks for your help.

Here are some of the things we can take out of the equation.
  1. My bios is the latest version for my motherboard, there is a newer one, but it's currently in beta, therefore maybe not a good thing to update to.
  2. I Have Crucial storage manager, and it told me my SSD Has the latest driver, and is in good health.
  3. I do not have any RGB components in my build except my GPU, but it does not have any RBG wires.
I downloaded the latest driver for my GPU (451.48) and then I used the DDU software to uninstall all drivers. I tried first running the game with no drivers and the problem persisted. I then installed the driver in safemode, went out of safemode and tried playing the game. I could play for about ~5 minutes before the system rebooted again.

Although, I do not think a driver issue is the problem. I have had this issue come and go. The first time it occured was around Mars, and I didn't see anything until now.

Jun 28, 2020
If you have any spare PC parts that you know work that you could switch with the ones in your system you could do that one at a time?
Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family with a stationary computer, so it is impossible for me to test parts. I have a warranty on all parts so I can replace them without any cost though. (Not all at once of course).

ronpar

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Hi.

RTX 2070
B450 MSI Motherboard
2x8 3200Mhz CL18 Ram kit
Ryzen 5 3600X
CX750M Corsair PSU

At first I didn't notice any issues. But, at some times when I enter loading screens in games for example, the system does a complete reboot. I have turned off automatic restarts in hope to get a BSOD instead, but the problem prevailed and the reboots kept occuring. From what I've seen this is a PSU problem, but could anything else cause a problem like this? My temperatures are fine, they never exceed 60C, and I have only overclocked my CPU to 4Ghz, no overclocks on the GPU.
Any help is appreciated!
Try the restore point! restore computer to an earlier date, to see if this will fix the problem. A program may have became corrupt, or many of other things, pertaining to data. Hope this helps! Regards!

Sa1Ko

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
I have the exact same problem right now. I have tried every thing you Will find on the Internet with no result. Tomorrow i am going to rma my cpu because i think it is a problem on the memory controller. Please download cinebench and run it with xmp on at 3200. If it crashes try each memory stick alpne with xmp on at 3200 to see if a stick is faulty. If with both sticks the system reboots i can only think that you have the same problem as me. I have a 3600x too and a friend Who is a pc technisian told me that the Last months Many ryzens are faulty and returned.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi.

RTX 2070
B450 MSI Motherboard
2x8 3200Mhz CL18 Ram kit
Ryzen 5 3600X
CX750M Corsair PSU

Any help is appreciated!
Most of the time that is a power supply problem what do you have of these 2 Green label or Gray label.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...tx-power-supply-black/8324202.p?skuId=8324202

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bronze-Certified-Modular-Supply/dp/B00ALK3KEM

Jun 28, 2020
I have the exact same problem right now. I have tried every thing you Will find on the Internet with no result. Tomorrow i am going to rma my cpu because i think it is a problem on the memory controller. Please download cinebench and run it with xmp on at 3200. If it crashes try each memory stick alpne with xmp on at 3200 to see if a stick is faulty. If with both sticks the system reboots i can only think that you have the same problem as me. I have a 3600x too and a friend Who is a pc technisian told me that the Last months Many ryzens are faulty and returned.
I was able to run Cinebench twice without a problem, no crashes, so I don't think it's the CPU at fault here. And I've already tested my memory sticks in another issue I had (unrelated faulty SSD) so I don't think they're at fault either.

Jun 28, 2020
Try the restore point! restore computer to an earlier date, to see if this will fix the problem. A program may have became corrupt, or many of other things, pertaining to data. Hope this helps! Regards!
Some time ago in May I had to replace my SSD because it was faulty, so I had reset my computer completely since I had to download windows anew. So I'm pretty certain it's not a windows problem, I've also done a CMD scan with no issues popping up.

ronpar

Reputable
Aug 17, 2016
Some time ago in May I had to replace my SSD because it was faulty, so I had reset my computer completely since I had to download windows anew. So I'm pretty certain it's not a windows problem, I've also done a CMD scan with no issues popping up.
Anything is possible, it only takes a second to crash a pc though with bad data. But I am not saying you are wrong with your theory, I have a website here that might help you solve your problem, due to gaming and restarting pc in doing so, maybe you can find the help you need from it? Regards!

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-computer-restarting-when-playing-games/

Jun 28, 2020
Anything is possible, it only takes a second to crash a pc though with bad data. But I am not saying you are wrong with your theory, I have a website here that might help you solve your problem, due to gaming and restarting pc in doing so, maybe you can find the help you need from it? Regards!

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-computer-restarting-when-playing-games/
You're right that anything is possible with computers. I'm currently reading the post on that site and it definitely has some interesting troubleshooting techniques I have not tried yet, so I'll do my best to try them all. I do find it weird though that this does not happen in all games I play. For example, I've had this problem specifically in Witcher 3 and Far Cry 5. However, in Shadow of The Tomb Raider, a much newer and more intensive game with its raytracing and all that, I never had this issue, once. So maybe it is not my PSU after all. But if it only happens in certain games I've no clue where to begin.

Jun 28, 2020
That actually looks fairly good might not be a PSU problem.
Yeah... I'm clueless at this point. Unigine runs at 1440p with no problems, no reboots, Cinebench runs without a problem, OCCT runs without a problem, Prime95 runs without a problem. I did a Check Disk on my hard drive and it reported 0 bad sectors. I did a Windows Scan and it showed 0 corrupted files. So it's not my GPU, not my CPU, not my PSU, not my RAM, not my drives. That leaves only the motherboard to be tested, although I've no clue how to troubleshoot a motherboard. And maybe I need to just do a clean install of windows, even though no corrupted files was reported. Might've accidentally downloaded something bad.