jtk459

Honorable
Aug 14, 2018
About a week ago my speakers stopped working after I replaced them I noticed a weird audio stutter but it didn't bother me much I assumed it would go away when I restarted my PC but it didn't. It's gotten worse and worse now all audio and video stutters for 1-2 sec every 30sec - 2min at random intervals, today I noticed when it happens the mouse curser also stutters. I have done every fix I could find online for fixing audion stutter issues none of which have helped, I even reseated my ram and GPU. I've cleaned out any and all dust.

COMPUTER (I built it in Jan 2015)
------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
MOTHERBOARD: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME EATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
STORAGE: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive,
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
VIDEO CARD: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional SP1 OEM (64-bit)

Lutfij

Titan
I have done every fix I could find online for fixing audion stutter issues none of which have helped,
What have you tried? So we're not repeating steps that were unfruitful for you.

A couple of things you can check,
1| What BIOS version are you on?
2| What version(not edition) of the OS are you working with?
3| Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
4| PSU is as old as the entire system?
5| Akin to your audio drivers, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall said GPU driver with the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site.

jtk459

Honorable
Aug 14, 2018
I have done every fix I could find online for fixing audion stutter issues none of which have helped,
What have you tried? So we're not repeating steps that were unfruitful for you.

A couple of things you can check,
1| What BIOS version are you on?
2| What version(not edition) of the OS are you working with?
3| Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
4| PSU is as old as the entire system?
5| Akin to your audio drivers, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then manually reinstall said GPU driver with the latest sourced from Nvidia's support site.

1| American Megatrends Inc. 3801, 9/15/2017
2| 10.0.19044 Build 19044
3| Tried this already
4| yes
5| I don't know what DDU is but I have reinstalled the latest GPU driver

Lutfij

Titan
If this is your motherboard, since there are two other variants under the R5E moniker;
you have two more BIOS versions pending update.

Source(borrow) a donor reliably built PSU with at least 650W of power at the entire system's disposal. 7 years under those specs is a long time for a PSU, so it's possible that it's no longer outputting the power needed by the system. If the donor PSU doesn't change the issue it could be memory or a corrupt OS.

You will need to use DDU to uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers.