[SOLVED] System trouble after overclocking

Sep 15, 2021
Hi all,
I was previously running an Intel I5-2500K on a Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD3 mobo overclocked without issue to 4.5ghz. I decided to upgrade to an I7-3770K for a bit more performance. I upgraded the BIOS to the most recent UEFI version in order to overclock the new CPU. I overclocked the CPU to 4.5ghz @1.35 Vcore and ran Prime95 blend 3 times and after the 3rd blue screen of death, I can't access the UEFI/BIOS anymore - it freezes at the splash screen with a cursor icon. The only thing that I changed was the CPU. Everything else remained untouched. The system still boots normally. The only thing I've noticed that doesn't work properly anymore is my CPU cooler (Corsair H80) - temps while browsing this forum ~50-55 Celsius at stock clock, can't adjust modes/fan speed on the H80 console anymore and the rear case/exhaust fan doesn't spin anymore. I'm assuming I must've fried something but would like to see if anyone knows how to fix this? I've tried to reseat everything already, cleared the CMOS multiple times, attempted to flash the UEFI/BIOS but unable to access the menu and I just don't know where to go from here. It's quite an old system however was running without issue

BSOD code x3 - 0x00000139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hardware for reference

Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD3 mobo

AMD RX480

2x8gb G. skill sniper 1600mhz RAM

2x SSD, 1x HDD

Corsair HX650W PSU

Corsair H80 CPU cooler

Thanks in advance everyone

Solution
Hi all,
I was previously running an Intel I5-2500K on a Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD3 mobo overclocked without issue to 4.5ghz. I decided to upgrade to an I7-3770K for a bit more performance. I upgraded the BIOS to the most recent UEFI version in order to overclock the new CPU. I overclocked the CPU to 4.5ghz @1.35 Vcore and ran Prime95 blend 3 times and after the 3rd blue screen of death, I can't access the UEFI/BIOS anymore - it freezes at the splash screen with a cursor icon. The only thing that I changed was the CPU. Everything else remained untouched. The system still boots normally. The only thing I've noticed that doesn't work properly anymore is my CPU cooler (Corsair H80) - temps while browsing this forum ~50-55 Celsius at stock...
Hi all,
I was previously running an Intel I5-2500K on a Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD3 mobo overclocked without issue to 4.5ghz. I decided to upgrade to an I7-3770K for a bit more performance. I upgraded the BIOS to the most recent UEFI version in order to overclock the new CPU. I overclocked the CPU to 4.5ghz @1.35 Vcore and ran Prime95 blend 3 times and after the 3rd blue screen of death, I can't access the UEFI/BIOS anymore - it freezes at the splash screen with a cursor icon. The only thing that I changed was the CPU. Everything else remained untouched. The system still boots normally. The only thing I've noticed that doesn't work properly anymore is my CPU cooler (Corsair H80) - temps while browsing this forum ~50-55 Celsius at stock clock, can't adjust modes/fan speed on the H80 console anymore and the rear case/exhaust fan doesn't spin anymore. I'm assuming I must've fried something but would like to see if anyone knows how to fix this? I've tried to reseat everything already, cleared the CMOS multiple times, attempted to flash the UEFI/BIOS but unable to access the menu and I just don't know where to go from here. It's quite an old system however was running without issue

BSOD code x3 - 0x00000139 KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Hardware for reference

Gigabyte Z68-XP-UD3 mobo

AMD RX480

2x8gb G. skill sniper 1600mhz RAM

2x SSD, 1x HDD

Corsair HX650W PSU

Corsair H80 CPU cooler

Thanks in advance everyone
Press Power button and reset button together for 10secs (while pc is off, make sure psu is on), release it, and turn the pc on again. it'll kick up the backup bios and starting to flash the main bios to stock older bios. there you could enter bios and flash it to the latest again.

Solution
Sep 15, 2021
Press Power button and reset button together for 10secs (while pc is off, make sure psu is on), release it, and turn the pc on again. it'll kick up the backup bios and starting to flash the main bios to stock older bios. there you could enter bios and flash it to the latest again.

Thanks for the suggestion, Ive tried that and it did as you said however I still can't access the bios/q-flash or access the bios boot device order to flash bios