Question System won't boot/post unless i reset CMOS everytime - MSI B85-G43

Zeah09

Commendable
Jul 5, 2017
So I recently had this problem, my pc won't post unless I reset CMOS every damn time. When I turn it on, the fans and lights would turn on then it would shut down and turn on again,
then the fans and lights would just keep spinning, the GPU Fans doesn't spin though. I know that my PC would post if the GPU fans will run.

So I reset CMOS, then I power it up, every fans would spin including the GPU Fan, it says press F1 to go to bios or F2 to continue, then if I press F2, it'll go black screen then my pc would shut down then not post again,
but if I press F1 and just exit without doing anything on the bios it would work, but if I shut down the PC and turn on again, fans would spin again except for the GPU and it won't post.

But here's the thing, if I got to desktop and it works, I can restart my pc with no problem, but only if I shut it down that's when it won't post again.

Things I've tried:
Move RAM to other slots
Removed GPU
Reseat CPU Cooler
Flash BIOS to a newer version
Replace CMOS battery using the older one in my other computer (I replaced it with the same brand though, don't know if it'll work if I tried it with another brand.)
Clear the CMOS using the JBAT1

My PC Specs:
Intel Core i5 4570 @3.4Ghz
MSI B85-G43 Gaming
ID-Cooling Frostflow 240+
AMD Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+
Kingston HyperX 1866Mhz (2x8GB)
1x Seagate 500GB (for Apps)
1x Seagate 1TB (for Games)
1x Intel 160gb SSD (for OS)
FSP Hexa 600w 80+

Last edited: