Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Since real taxes are due soon I thought I would dig up my old
desires:

a.) User Definable taxation level that with a rolling-average
directly affects Happiness, Moral and Che.

Tax, sets level of taxation, abosolute or relative

Tax +.5 notches up the taxation collected at next update
or
Tax =14.5 sets taxes at 14.5%

Budget could get an option

Budget -tax=14.5
or
Budget -tax+.5

so you can see its future effect without actually setting it.

This way in those pesky times when you need an infusion of cash
you can risk nasty nasty happiness and che for a quick buck.

b.) Bring back weather! (just for fun) like
"It is now winter: all ag centers produce nothing"
"It is now winter: all water within 2 secotrs of land has frozen"
Mobility is tough on ice and moving TOO much can cause it to break
as shelling would.

My two cents
Doorbell

Archived from groups: rec.games.empire (More info?)

Speaking of old desires, how about customizable units.

This comes from playing Xtrek at Berkeley during the 1980s where the
spaceships were customizable. To increase the stats of some parameter
(like attack, def, or range) you have to pay a price somewhere else,
lowering some stats or paying more cash.

You wouldn't need so many unit types, just some basic types (of ships,
planes, land units) and each player could pick a variant of the basic
type for his/her country.

Scott

timothy@augie.edu wrote:
> Since real taxes are due soon I thought I would dig up my old
> desires:
>
> a.) User Definable taxation level that with a rolling-average
> directly affects Happiness, Moral and Che.

<snip>

> so you can see its future effect without actually setting it.
>
> This way in those pesky times when you need an infusion of cash
> you can risk nasty nasty happiness and che for a quick buck.

Sounds like a plan

> b.) Bring back weather! (just for fun) like
> "It is now winter: all ag centers produce nothing"
> "It is now winter: all water within 2 secotrs of land has frozen"
> Mobility is tough on ice and moving TOO much can cause it to break
> as shelling would.

That sounds good. Would that mean that the frozen water sectors would
act like land, but with some movement penalty?

Since time is abstract in Empire, how long would a "season" last?