Team 40051 - Toms Needs U - Folding@Home

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Well.., I just got approval to install F@H on all the PC's in the office - and it wasn't even my idea, lol. That means 5 P4E3.0's and a P4(C?)2.66. That should help out a bit.

I will be uninstalling it from the Celeron 466 I'm using right now, but I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff. :smile:

I'll start installing next week, after I get them all configured and set up on the user's desks.

Mike.

Molar

Distinguished
May 5, 2001
Quick question about multi use of one user name. I left my work computer running so hopefully i will have finished my first WU folder by next christmas, but can I also load it on my home computer and have two computers running under my one user name?

Sorry if the question has already been asked but thanks in advance.

Molar-T.H.D.

I think there is a FAQ with instructions on how to do it on the Folding@Home webpage.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Hi Molar,

You can run the folding software on as many computers as you want. That's how some people get the high averages donations.

I run 5 personally. I just configure each machine to run under my name and our team. It's as easy as that.

The loving are the daring!

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>New One Day Record: 23,077 points </b> for our team.

Not sure I believe this one. I think our previous one day high was just shy of 18,000 points. I think we must have had a triple witching hour. Anyone of you guys know any nice witches?

<b>Stephan posts 2,431 pts at one update (3hr period)</b> Wow Stephan.. what happened there!!! An amazing point count today. Have you suddenly added a bunch of computers?

<b>!!!! Go TEAM !!!!</b>

<b>Bread and Butter Squad</b> I like to think of our single machine folders as our bread and butter squad. Without them we'd be less of a team. Keep the points coming guys. We need more people like you.

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
Stephan posts 2,431 pts at one update (3hr period) Wow Stephan.. what happened there!!!
Unfortunately, I did not (yet) add computers to my folding engagement! I'm just trying to get deeper into that algorythm which makes up your daily average! -- After last night, I can sefely assume, that you need more than one "big" update (for which I saved my results for 2 days) to significantly move that daily average.
Actually, I wanted to save results for a longer period, but there is on PC folding for my name, which I don't directly control -- and this one sent the crucial update that brought me across the 40K-barrier. -- And I didn't want to cross that barrier so soon, because you anticipated it!! :lol:

Well, I think that mozzartusm had a good idea with the contest, we also could use a "dedicated" folding-team page to publish and update those results!! (I've seen, other teams use blog-like pages to keep their folders informed.)

So: no, my average is around 800 or a little less and it will stay that way for a while unfortunately. But, looking closely at fishman, I will have to think of something soon to keep my position!

Cheers!!

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Fishmahn</b>You are a hero !!! 6 machines will be a very pretty contribution. Will you be able to contribute under your name?

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Hehe Stefan,

I used to be 2nd. Now there are guys who wanted my princely position. See what they have done. They have repressed me!!!

Watch ur ass. There's always someone gunning for it.

BTW.. <b>Endyen</b> seems I just got lucky on some molecules. My average went up again. U still have a significant lead and I bet ur going to post some big points very soon.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Members Changed: +1 Total 96</b> Welcome "Molarman777 the original molar". I understand that one of the prizes will be free dental treatement. Hehe.. :smile:

<b>Kudos, Individual Milestones</b>: <A HREF="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051" target="_new">link</A>. Good week all!

apesoccer ________ 80,000
Sparky853 ________ 70,000
me ______________ 60,000
Xnilf _____________ 60,000
Stefan ___________ 40,000
Druid_21 _________ 20,000
Folken ___________ 20,000
acron1 ___________ 10,000
Spitfire_x86 _______ 10,000
Rick _____________ 10,000
MasterPooBaa _____ 10,000
Jimbomanx ________ 5,000
palmerg ___________ 5,000
PaulDH ____________ 1,000
Labbbby ___________ 1,000
Linus_Laurin ________ 1,000

<b>All you peops take a bow and receive a round of applause!!!</b>

<b>Project Rank: 169 (-5) </b> of 36000. We ARE going to make the top 100 teams in the world just stick together.

Progress is good. We lose members but new one seem to join us. We are fortuneate. hehe :lol:

We managed to pull an amazing one day record of <b>23,077 pts</b>; bettering the previous record by more than 5,000 points and by more than 20%. We're pretty close to a weekly record too. Imagine if some people had stuck it out even with one machine folding. We're on our way to our best month...(Feb only had 28 days hehe) and have already passed Januarys production.

<b>Labby</b> and <b>Linus Laurin</b> have started off in high gear. They made the 1,000 point club rather quickly.. Congratulations guys!!!

We have quite a few single machine folders involved. Amoung our most dedicated crowd too. Spitfire_x86 hit 10,000 points this week. Quite an accomplishment and good work.

I'm surprised how well we continue to move up the ranks. Things are still going pretty smooth though we're already taking more time to move up the ranks. Got about 30 days left before we hit rough seas.

<b> !!! Go Team Go !!! </b>

Still looking for MORE contest ideas :).

<b> Fold For A Healthier World</b> Ok ok.. the "sunnier world" business did not go over too well.. LOL.. I suppose I could have thought of something more intellectual :lol:

===========================================================
Come join us. We'd like to have you with us. There are over 90 of us Now and were nowhere near enough, we'd like your company. We're <b>team 40051</b> at <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">http://folding.stanford.edu</A>.

endyen

Splendid
I dont think we need contest ideas, so much as sponsors. Anybody have contacts with mobo makers, Amd, Intel, Ati, etc? If we could get some major prizes, we could have a draw. It might even get Freddi the clout to get us some front page space. You know, something like "help Tom's folding team reach the front page of folding teams, and win a deluxe computer system"

Now <b>that's</b> an awesome idea!

stefan

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
good idea, endyen! -- we would also get a lot of coverage discussing in the forum, exactly which parts would make up that perfect gaming system which will be up for grabs later on...
-
a completely different problem will be actually getting hold of that thing!! (I can't imagine one of my friends actually donating a 100 bucks or whatever for that prize...) :lol:

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
I felt releived after reaching the 10k landmark, "MasterPoobaa" scared me a lot.

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
<b>Members Changed: +0 Total 97</b> We're looking for you! :smile:

<b>Kudos, Individual Milestones</b>: <A HREF="http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=40051" target="_new">link</A>. Good week all!

<b>Project Rank: 168 (-1) </b> of 36000. We ARE going to make the top 100 teams in the world just stick together.

Progress is good. Not a bad week. 108,000 Points, not our best but almost. :lol: The month is shaping well. I'm optimistic that we'll have one or two more champion months before the hot weather starts to set in, in the Northern Hemisphere.

<b> !!! Go Team Go !!! </b>

Still looking for MORE contest ideas :). Endyen is asking/suggesting finding sponsors. If you are or can get one please talk to "Endyen"

<b>Fold For Scientific Knowledge</b>

===========================================================
Come join us. We'd like to have you with us. There are over 90 of us Now and were nowhere near enough, we'd like your company. We're <b>team 40051</b> at <A HREF="http://folding.stanford.edu" target="_new">http://folding.stanford.edu</A>.

pauldh

Illustrious
10K on one computer shows some serious dedication. It seems most people just plain quit way before that. Good job.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
MasterPoobaa also hit 10K with single rig very recently. He's the potential the "first single rig folder to hit 20k". Let's applause for him :)

Little credit goes to me, since I'm the one who brought him to our folding team ;)

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Hero???? Ummmm... whatever. :)

They didn't say anything about wanting to set it up under a different name/team, so... what they don't know, won't hurt them. :)

Mike.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
"Endyen" you animal.. I thought I had finally closed the gap but you posted major points today. Now I've got a bunch of sucky 63 and 72 pointers. I've already lost production time cause I have to manually switch RJ45 cables and these buggers end in the middle of the night or when I'm at work.

BTW... nice points today.. Guess I'll be chasing after you forever...Need to find more resources.

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If the contest would draw enough extra points, I could probably be convinced to put up something for the prize. It would need to be an ALL-OR-NOTHING contest that is designed so that everyone would be able to participate.

<b>Ned Flanders said that im a BAD ASS</b> :lol:

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Flinx, I havent forgotten about the user title idea. The forum has been having some technical issues though so until that can be resolved im going to wait on hitting Fredi with that. Have any of you noticed weird things happening in the forum. Ex- replys not posting, number of replies that you see not = to the Number of replies listed.

<b>Ned Flanders said that im a BAD ASS</b> :lol: